To sell or not to sell

Blackkluger

I am possibly looking to sell the good old kluger 2008 kxs to upgrade to a bigger (real) 4x4 with 7 seats too, sunroof, centre and rear diff locks, low range, adjustable air suspension which goes up to 300mm!, 50 way adjustment front seats, heated front and middle rows, V8 power.

It is 2nd hand so no warranty except for the 3month stat warranty, whereas i have 2 years warranty left on the kluger.

Should i?? Please help! im debating on whether to release it or ge the new one over 5 years for just $40 a forthnight more!

I'm not sure how I can help your decision, but I would like to know what your Kluger is worth is a trade-in!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do Blacky

Petrol price are likely to go up further in near future, I would suggest for a V8 pls keep that in mind too on top of $40 fortnightly.

Are you looking at Sahara or some other 4WD? I found Sahara very comfy and spacious from inside.

do you reeaally need the V8 and will you use it for what its made for (i.e. true 4x4ing?)

I wouldn't recommend it personally... why pay for all the maintainance costs for one or two 4x4 trips per year (if that) when your kluger would porbably get you most places you'd want to go.

Yeah, i know the smart choice is to keep the kluger

But always wanted a V8 and having extra offroad ability would be fantastic(not that i would do serious offroading, plus it is much much more luxurious/

we had an overnight test drive, and drop it back from where we like back to city, 45km trip, kluger averaged 13.8L/100km and the v8 was 14.5L/100km! I was amased! It wasnt much more than the v6

2006 Mercedes Gl500, 7spd auto 5.5L v8(285kw/530Nm) dual sunroof, centre and rear diff lock, ground clearance 306mm(when raised), 20 inch wheels, split electric fold 3rd row, 3 zone climate(same as kluger), auto tailgate(same as grande), rear side windows open(kluger doesnt)

For the price of the new kluger grande AWD, i think this is great value. Was $170k new!

Black please tell me you bought it from a merc dealer!

how many km's?

Good car, acres of room, just don't do too many of those 0-100km dashes if you want to have any reasonable consumption figures..lol

2006 Mercedes Gl500, 7spd auto 5.5L v8(285kw/530Nm) dual sunroof, centre and rear diff lock, ground clearance 306mm(when raised), 20 inch wheels, split electric fold 3rd row, 3 zone climate(same as kluger), auto tailgate(same as grande), rear side windows open(kluger doesnt)

For the price of the new kluger grande AWD, i think this is great value. Was $170k new!

You should have said it was the Merc GL. Nice one!!! I almost bought an ML320 in 2005, but the insurance was crazy.

Well done on the purchase!

wohoo i get the new car next thursday.

Does any need new kluger tyres only 245 55 19 for kxs and grande? i have 5 tyres, 1 brand new and 4 with delivery kms. As new.

Best offers, will seperate in lots of 2,2 & 1.

Remember they are $500 each.

Offered $35k trade in for kxs as shown in profile with towbar.

Toyota only offered me $32k(and i bought it from them)

My Toyota dealer offered me 37.5k then 39k for my KX-S (2008 AWD) as a trade in, I told the snake oil seller to shove it! and got much much more selling it private, and only took 2 days from me listing the ad as well :)

My new FJ Cruiser cost me SFA! much happier that I got it and bailed out of the Kluger, not cause its a bad car just I am not homo enough to be a Kluger man, the car never ever really did it for me. It was just a piece of metal to get me from A to B, I admired it, just I did not ever love it.

You will get good money for a Kluger now as Japan is rooted and no one can get a car + the KX-S has just gone up in price too! lets not forget ours cars are radiation free too ;)

Congrats on the new car. Parents also drive a W164 ML320CDI, basically the GL's slightly shorter cousin (One of two units special ordered in Silver/ Beige color combination in WA at the time.), and they love it to bits! Same year too! I'm sure you'll really enjoy your car. Wished ours had the extra leather trim on the doors, like on the GL & Edition10/ facelift ML-class.

Call me nerdy, but I always love how the car goes 'ding' every time I put it in park. heheh

Oh,and here's one of the ads in the US. :lol:

Edited by ToyotaFreak