Clutch Install Sydney

Hey guys, Ive been calling up various places for their price for just labour (im supplying the clutch) to install a new clutch.

Been getting prices like $550 - $650, is this about right or too expensive? Any places you guys been to that are cheaper?

Also about getting the extended pushrod, how do I go about this? Do I just ask them to install one or should I supply it?

Thanks,

Clifton

you'll have to supply the pushrod yourself to be fitted.

i had mine fitted (including new flywheel and engine mount inserts) by a family friend, and that was $250 for labour.

so for full price at a workshop, $500 would be reasonable if it includes machining your stock flywheel.

you'll have to supply the pushrod yourself to be fitted.

i had mine fitted (including new flywheel and engine mount inserts) by a family friend, and that was $250 for labour.

so for full price at a workshop, $500 would be reasonable if it includes machining your stock flywheel.

Thanks!

Damn looking at the extended pushrod, the shipping is 3 times more then the actual push rod lol.

You dont need a pushrod to fit in a clutch well atleast mine didnt and 500-800 is to much WTH i got mine installed for 150$ Lol.

Maching a flywheel you can bring it to turbo auto spares in cabramatta they do it for 40 bux lol

Im interested in the pushrod because people been saying that it helps with the dragging clutch. Do people still have issue with crunching even after they get an Exedy HD clutch?

$150 sounds too cheap haha, where did you get it done?

Replace the pushrod later see how the new clutch is. That is the correct clutch kit. You will be better to do the rear main seal at the same time the flywheel is off. Cbc bearings have the seal you need, or go genuine and pay three times as much. Have a look at my thread 'new flywheel bolts' for some info and pics of the pretty pink clutch as I have just done this myself.

Thanks for the info dude, may as well grab some bearings for my shifter bushings while I'm there.

What do I ask for with the rear main seal? Is there a part number or anything?

You dont need a pushrod to fit in a clutch well atleast mine didnt and 500-800 is to much WTH i got mine installed for 150$ Lol.

Maching a flywheel you can bring it to turbo auto spares in cabramatta they do it for 40 bux lol

Im interested in the pushrod because people been saying that it helps with the dragging clutch. Do people still have issue with crunching even after they get an Exedy HD clutch?

I didn't get the extended push rod installed. Ever since the clutch adjustment and the new clutch I've never dragged/grinded/crunched gears.

I didn't get the extended push rod installed. Ever since the clutch adjustment and the new clutch I've never dragged/grinded/crunched gears.

how do u do the clutch adjustment if u dont mind me asking and whats this push rod about? is the rod in the slave cylinder

Thanks for the info dude, may as well grab some bearings for my shifter bushings while I'm there.

Just take in your old one or ask them to look in the book. I think from memory it is 110mm x 10mm or 105mm x 10mm I am not too sure. When you get your flywheel machined they should be able to supply one. The new flywheel bolts come from Fabre Australia 1300 350 351 http://www.fabre.com.au/ they are ARP Racing bolts for a 4AGE motor and they cost me $40 plus $10 freight unless you are in Melbourne. The standard bolts stretch when they are installed so are a one use only bolt. The ARP bolts can be used over and over if you can get the loctite loose.

how do u do the clutch adjustment if u dont mind me asking and whats this push rod about? is the rod in the slave cylinder

the clutch is adjusted from inside the car. there's a pushrod attached to the clutch pedal by a clevis pin, which then goes into the clutch master cylinder. you need to undo a 12mm locking nut, then turn the pushrod in or out depending on how it needs to be adjusted.

see this thread for freeplay and pedal height specs.

an extended pushrod in the clutch slave cylinder (on the front of the gearbox) increases the throw of the clutch itself. in theory, it is supposed to improve shifting with heavier or aftermarket clutches.

while i didn't have any problems shifting before an aftermarket clutch was put in, i just got it for good measure. it won't make your shifting faster or make your car go quicker if that's what you're thinking.

Just take in your old one or ask them to look in the book. I think from memory it is 110mm x 10mm or 105mm x 10mm I am not too sure. When you get your flywheel machined they should be able to supply one. The new flywheel bolts come from Fabre Australia 1300 350 351 http://www.fabre.com.au/ they are ARP Racing bolts for a 4AGE motor and they cost me $40 plus $10 freight unless you are in Melbourne. The standard bolts stretch when they are installed so are a one use only bolt. The ARP bolts can be used over and over if you can get the loctite loose.

Hey Lukeywunda, would you be able to confirm the size of the seal? I wont have time to go pick up a seal while the box is off so I'd like to get one before hand! Would it be on the receipt or a part number I could have?

Hey Lukeywunda, would you be able to confirm the size of the seal? I wont have time to go pick up a seal while the box is off so I'd like to get one before hand! Would it be on the receipt or a part number I could have?

I talked to the guys at CBC bearings because it was easier than pulling my gearbox out again to measure up the seal.... :P They kindly informed me it is M1183SIL.

I talked to the guys at CBC bearings because it was easier than pulling my gearbox out again to measure up the seal.... :P They kindly informed me it is M1183SIL.

Legend, thank you for all the info!