My 07 Yaris 5dr Hatch

grelise

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I might go for the Dobinsons set up of springs if what your all saying about TEIN being harsh. I have kids so need a reasonably good ride.

Got some more stuff coming.

Intergrated number plate light/camera and an OEM DVD/CD/GPS headunit. Should have it by end of next week or start of the next.

Got a bit of work to do to the car next week,

Getting the new wing painted and fitted,

New HU,

Roof mounted DVD system for the kiddies,

Reversing camera, so the missus won't be scared now to reverse park.

Use the last of my sound deadening on the front doors,

And, some nice splits for the front.(Nothing to drastic, don't want to send the kids deaf!! lol

Hoping to have most if not all fitted by the end of next week.

Got the new HU and reversing camera installed yesterday, not a bad HU for OEM.

Built in BT, DVD, GPS, IPod, SD, Amp pre outs. Not complaining.

Still have the JVC roof mounted DVD player and wing to go.

Not the best pics;

SDC12672.jpg

SDC12674.jpg

SDC12676.jpg

nice work on the new wing. :)

Better than the pissy little one Toyota offer with the Body kit.

As I'm doing a big move next year, these might be the last mods to the car for awhile.

Missus loves the new roof DVD player, and so do the kids, very quiet in the car now, wife and I can now hold a conversation without interruption from the little ones.

They have learnt very quickly that they have to ask to use it.

It was my first roof mounted install and I won't be doing it again in a hurry haha, preparation and measuring is what took most of the time, as they say, measure twice cut once.

Once we have this new house sorted and the move finished, might look into lowering the car next.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's happened..... the missus has scrapped a rim.

She is all upset because she was so careful not to, then her mum made it worse by saying I was going to kill her for ruining it lol

I told the missus, these things happen and even my rims are scrapped.

She found a replacement on special, and I told her she can get it and a cheap tyre, so the ruined one can be used as a spare.

I haven't seen a photo of it, but she tends to be over exaggerate things a little haha

• 2 weeks later...

Missus picked up her new 5th rim and tyre today, and, apparently it doesn't fit in the wheel well.

I was certain it would as there is plenty of room between the bottom of the boot floor and the steelie spare, and the Rim won't go. Guess the steelie will have to stay there for now.

• 3 weeks later...

Not much on here, except missus says I have a big task of detailing the car when I get home from overseas in 3 weeks.

Plus we gotta get it ready for it's move interstate so we have transport when we move.

Where we live, there are no places that fix rims, plus, it would cost just as much to fix as to but a new one. So, we bought a new one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not much of an update,

Got some new Sony 6.5" splits today, on special for $63, was $179. Had a heap of Dynamat left over form my other car, so did the front doors, made a speaker baffle to replace the OEM one and mounted to tweeter on the trim piece forward of the window controls.

For those, I went to the wrecker and picked up a set for $10, used them and save the others.

The only visible clue of after market speakers;

SDC12873.jpg

The OEM ones, being intergrated into the baffle are so light!! But the new ones make such a difference to the sound, alot clearer and crisp. Now that the doors are dynamatted, the doors close with a solid thunk and really bring out the sound in the cabin.

• 2 weeks later...

If all goes well, the car will be on a transporter end of next week and on its way to Perth, with myself and the family following a day or 2 behind.

• 2 weeks later...

11th of April, car will be loaded onto a truck and 5,000km and 28 days later, will end up at its new location in Mandurah WA

Then will have to see about changing the rego over after that.

For those in WA with a yaris, what is the average rego costs?

• 1 month later...

Well not much to update, myself and the family have made the move back home to WA, both cars have come over also.

Got a few ideas on some more mods, been looking at some K Sport coilovers, CAI intake and a possible exhaust upgrade, nothing drastic, just enough to get a bit of free flow going. And also looking at adding a 4 Ch amp and slimline sub for a wheel well install.