1zzfe turbo manifold?

Hi all,

just wondering what you all think is a good price for a turbo manifold to suit 1zzfe and a GT28RS turbo?

Turbo is going to cost me around $1500 - $1600

and manifold I've seen is $515.00 + international shipping from the US...

(expecting to add on around $150 - $200 for shipping...)

does that qaulify as a good price for a premade / tested item or should I look at getting something custom made local?

Cheers for any answers :)

Cheers guys...

only question I have about custom - will they need my car and the turbo up front?

if so I'll need to go buy the turbo first *which I didn't want to do* otherwise I'll have a turbo sitting in my bedroom before I'm ready for to bolt it on so to speak...

also being in adelaide may be a problem if they want my car .... ;)

hmm...

I was just told of a bolt on supercharger kit designed for the auto version of the zze1 engine (by one of our fellow forum member)

do a google on it... but he reakons he can help get it for about 4000 - 4500

a steampipe manifold TIG welded will cost you around the $400 mark custom made to suit your application, possibly more if it's difficult to get at the turbo's location to jig the flanges up (eg turbo on firewall side of a 1zz...). I'd hate to think what CES would charge for a manifold after Shao told me the price of his "race pipe" :o Needless to say, Shao went somewhere else when he got the second one made for his new car and was $150 better off ;)....

To make the manifold properly, the shop should have the car available so they can get the turbo position right so you have room for water and oil feed/return lines, and the inlet, outlet and dump pipes.

If you have a spare long motor and some photo's to go by, it's possible to get a decent item made out of the car, but you require a custom dump pipe and others so it's best to get them all done at once at the same shop.

Hey, this may sound ignorant but 1000-1500 for a turbo seems really pricey...I've seen some from wreckers or recond ones for like $100 !

And don't you need some sorta ecu upgrade to handle the extra boost?

Negatron:

$1500 is for a brand new Garrett GT28RS turbo.

and yes need new ecu (along with a whole host of other goodies)

see here:

Turbocharging 1zzfe

I've also learnt of a few other things I'll have to change too it all comes down to how much boost you want to run really.