C-One Front Strut

Hey guys!

Going to order C-One front strut for my Auris (Corolla ZRE) and was wondering wether it'll fit or not.

The problem is my car is LHD, so if the strut isn't symmetrical, it won't fit as it's bent to fit RHD car.

This is what I mean. This would've fitted to my car, but it doesn't fit on a RHD car (pic from RHD car)...

007.jpg

This will fit to both ones as it's symmetrical:

Toms1.jpg

This is the C-One, but it's hard to tell if it's bent or not...

towerbar_auris_f.jpg

I've looked through all the pics I could find, no success. So I need some real world experiances!

Hope for your help guys :)

Hi Alex, Here is another pic of it and I think you should be OK with it, clears the brake fluid reservoir and looks symmetrical...

edit:: now that I look again it looks like a slight kink but not as drastic as the red one i had above,I can have a better look tomorrow for you.

m3ups.jpg

It shouldnt be a drama installing the C-One front strut on your car mate. The bar most of us have from c-one is symmetrical and not bent differently in any way like the TRD one you have in the pic, im sure it should fit being an auris.

You must be getting the C-One strut on special order or 2nd hand because C-One has shut down shop?

Alex i don't think it will fit,there is a bend so for you it will be tight,but not impossible.

another angle shows it better..

d439f27a.jpg

your safest bet is probably the TOM'S brace or this Greddy brace,don't have a part No, but looking

f8989c87.jpg

3695d855.jpg

Thanks for all your replies!

Yeah I think it's not bent, just coming more "forward" on one side... I was looking at TOMs aswell, could get it for AU$ 400 delivered. Little bit of hesitation because of the price though. Thinking about Cusco aswell, it should be symmetrical regarding to the pic below. BUT I'm not 100% sure if the one in the pic is for ZRE as it's not installed. Could be for any car really

cusco.jpg

I managed to find the C-One parts from Estonia. There is a guy who first said he couldn't get them, but then he contacted me and said he found someone who's able to deliver front strut and sway from C-One...

So, now for some real world experiences regarding TOMs and Cusco, will they really fit? I don't like the looks of Greddy, but painting it would help for sure, so would be grateful for the part number :)

Damn cuong, is your engine bay always that clean? :D

I like the look of the Cusco Front strut brace. Looks nicer than the C-One one.

Damn cuong, is your engine bay always that clean? :D

I like the look of the Cusco Front strut brace. Looks nicer than the C-One one.

haha its dirty! u just cant see it due to lighting :P

Why is not dual vvti? It is a separate engine cover? :$

If your referring to pic above,its the 1.5l motor, different cover and Europe have some different covers again

• 1 month later...

I found out that Charlie (flipsta24) posted some pics of his Cusco bar in ZRE Strut Brace thread.

There is a pic of of it when it's outside the engine bay and it looks 100% symmetrical :blink:

DSC_0581.jpg

I have got it installed 2 days ago with Cusco.. Lucky, I speak Japanese, so I understand almost most of the instruction

Another member has suggested me to watch the following before install

Also, arttached is the TRD install menu in pdf

I am worried about the TRD one will break because it is a single piece of metal with no joins

The following shows the effeciency of cusco struct brace. the suspension travel increases from 60mm to 66mm

I will go to Wakefield again this month to test the struct brace. The car should show more oversteering in high speed corners (120km/h). If everything is right, I should not even consider installing a rear sway bar to promote oversteering