Corolla dyno in youtube

Think it is a stock corolla, coze of no exhaust noise

After watching this video and reading the dyno graph posted by another memeber jonnieboi, I am very confused about the drive chain loss percentage in dyno. I have put my points in here

25%-30% drivetrain loss is nothing out of the ordinary for a FF vehicle. One thing that is absolutely essential to remember is that when you are comparing dyno figures, you are also making sure the variable of the dyno brand is kept constant. Otherwise there is an easy potential for incorrect comparisons to be made such as what you have brought up here.

The most common example I like to use is Dyno Dynamics vs. Dynojet. If you ever have a comparison between these two dynos, I would immediately stop there with comparing figures. It would appear that the 'Mustang Dynamometer' would probably measure power the same way as the Dynojet. Either way, I wouldn't use the figure from that to make a comparison with johnnieboi who used a Dyno Dynamics.

In cases like that above, you will consistently find that the figures on a Dynojet can be up to 18-20% higher than that of a Dyno Dynamics. Take the Aurion power figures as an example. Countless times the Americans have discussed how they get so much gain out of simple mods on their 2GR's because they compare their dyno figures from a Dynojet to our figures produced by a Dyno Dynamics. However, when you look closely at all the figures, you would find the same level of inflation in the figures across the board.

25%-30% drivetrain loss is nothing out of the ordinary for a FF vehicle. One thing that is absolutely essential to remember is that when you are comparing dyno figures, you are also making sure the variable of the dyno brand is kept constant. Otherwise there is an easy potential for incorrect comparisons to be made such as what you have brought up here.

The most common example I like to use is Dyno Dynamics vs. Dynojet. If you ever have a comparison between these two dynos, I would immediately stop there with comparing figures. It would appear that the 'Mustang Dynamometer' would probably measure power the same way as the Dynojet. Either way, I wouldn't use the figure from that to make a comparison with johnnieboi who used a Dyno Dynamics.

In cases like that above, you will consistently find that the figures on a Dynojet can be up to 18-20% higher than that of a Dyno Dynamics. Take the Aurion power figures as an example. Countless times the Americans have discussed how they get so much gain out of simple mods on their 2GR's because they compare their dyno figures from a Dynojet to our figures produced by a Dyno Dynamics. However, when you look closely at all the figures, you would find the same level of inflation in the figures across the board.

You are my teacher, so stupid me

You are my teacher, so stupid me

That said, I made an assumption that the 'Mustang Dynamometer' is of similar operation to a Dynojet. I have never seen one myself or seen how it compares to others so I can't accurately say where that brand dyno sits among others. Jsut that the figures it appears to have produced in this case don't seem to be on the same comparative level to a Dyno Dynamics.

All I can say is that you just need to be careful with what you compare figures with as it may end up in unrealistic expectations.

I've accepted the power level our ZREs put out Ben. I'm not fussed, just deal with what we've got and move on, we just gotta focus on other areas like suspension and brakes, tyres and at the end of the day; driver skill.

Dont worry.. i aim to catch them stivos on track at winton in future. :spiteful: *awaits mass hate from stivo owners* hehe

What Johnnie is saying is correct. Power is not everything; even if you have power, you still got to have a good suspension and brake setup. TBH, if I wanted power, I would have bought a different car but end of the day, that's not why we made that decision. I can go on forever so I'll keep it at that.

Going to Winton confirmed this. It's not the fastest car (obviously) but putting some work into suspension and some decent practice, and she goes decent!

Also, remember that even comparing cars of the same car model on the same dyno or the same car on different dynos can yield different results.