Wireless reversing camera

I like to install a wireless reversing camera and connect it to my existing DVD player.

I will need to buy a wireless module for the reversing camera which comes with a transmitter and a receiver.

First I connect the reverse camera to the transmitter and then from the transmitter connect it to the backup wire for power.

For the receiver, there is a video output which I will connect to my DVD player. The receiver also need to connect to a power source in order to work which I will tap the +ve & -ve wires to my DVD player.

My question is how my DVD player will detect there is signal from the camera when I engage in reverse gear and switch the screen itself to camera?

My DVD player has an orange wire for the camera, I suppose this wire is for detecting the signal from the camera and it will turns the screen on itself to camera. Therefore I should connect this orange wire to my backup wire, right?

Is there anyway, I can connect the backup wire without running the wire from the front to the boot?

The whole idea of my installation is wireless, I don’t really want to run the long wiring.

Any suggestion, guys?

Using a multimeter, you find which of the wires in your fuse panel or underneath the front door sill leads to your reverse light and you tap into it from there. Then you only need to run a wire from there to the orange wire on your head unit.

Thanks Mate!

Does anyone know which side the wires connector is located for ZZE Corolla?

Using a multimeter, you find which of the wires in your fuse panel or underneath the front door sill leads to your reverse light and you tap into it from there. Then you only need to run a wire from there to the orange wire on your head unit.

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Job done.

Just wanted to show you guys some photos.

post-22906-0-36719500-1308996966_thumb.j

post-22906-0-89687500-1308996996_thumb.j

post-22906-0-42543600-1308997015_thumb.j

Hi there, nice work!

I´m in the same stage you are installing a reverse camera. I have a couple of questions for you:

1) Why did you choose that spot to mount the camera? do you have a better view?

2) The colour lines you see in the screen, are part of the camera signal o is it a function of the HU you have to show you how far the sorrounding objects are ?

Cheers!

AB

Edited by Hikaru Sorano

• 5 months later...