Beyond Tomorrow

I didn't personally watch the show last night (Big Brother was on!!!) but i was just brought to my attention that there is a Sportivo Concept that can stop you from speeding and you dont have to display number plates cos it is all built into the car....

http://www.beyondtomorrow.com.au/stories/ep11/toyota.html

I cant find anything on the Toyota website (Aus) so i wonder when and how much.

I dont think I would be interested in buying one if it can call the cops if you speed tho... i would constantly have a cop car behind me..... (damn Lift)

awww what a cute little intercooler :D

dw about that calling the cop thing... just download a crack for it and upload it into the car and voila :lol:

on a serious note, i've read the specs for this vehicle somewhere... quite powerful :P I would deffinately buy one of these... concept cars are so nice :)

Hi boys,

I actually watched the segment. And the car will not go into production, it was designed to leech great ideas off Auzzie teenagers to put into future cars.

They reakon the car cost 2.2 million to build (I don't see why not with all that custom electronics and etc etc prototyped for it.) So i don't think they'll let us take it for a spin.

But it runs on a turbocharged 2.2l v6 camry engine on the current camry chassis.

Why don't you Melbourne boys go and see if you can look at the car, or better still get Toyota to lend it to the club for a publicity run (i.e. thrash)  :D  :D

OI OI OI what about the melbourne girls... i would love to take it for a spin hearing that its a 2.2L turbo :D

The Sportivo Coupe will never see production unfortunately.

It's a turbo charged RAV4 engine and transmission sitting on a Camry chassis.

Some of the electronics features are novel, but it's far from road legal, trust me, you wouldn't want to drive it in it's current condition. Upon close inspection you'll see that the build quality was geared towards meeting the Melbourne motorshow deadline.

It's a proof of concept both to the Australian public, and Toyota Japan.

A flat torque curve provides strong response throughout the rev range, with 90 per cent of peak torque available from 2500 to 6000rpm.

This is why i am considering the new audi A3 or the VW GTi with a torque curve where max torque is reached @ 1800 rpm's all the way to 5500 rpm's.... What animals.....

Why don't you Melbourne boys go and see if you can look at the car, or better still get Toyota to lend it to the club for a publicity run (i.e. thrash)  :D  :D

It's called a press car LOL