decided to waste a bit of monney

Hey guys

After people continualy asking why i dont have an aux port in my car i have decided to do a bit of ice. was just wondering if i could have some advice on the matter as its not realy my area (only realy interested in the mechanics of cars).

What i am looking at buying:

head unit : pionner AVH-p3350bt

Front speakers: alpine SPS-600C (6.5 inch split)

rear speakers : alpine sps-500 (5.25 inch)

I did orginaly want to get 6.5 inch speakers in the rear but i am not sure if they would fit and how much modifying would be involved.

Was also looking at setting up type r's instead of type s's but not sure if i would notice the difference.

The music i listen to is mainly u2 and nine inch nails if that helps.

If any one can offer advice on a head unit you believe is better for the price then please let me know.

Also if any one can offer any advice on better suited speakers , would be much aprechiated.

Sorry for being very vague like i said not an area i have delt with that much.

p.s any one interested in installing this stuff located in brisbane pm me and we can discuss $ ( or any one that can make rear mounting plates for the corolla sportivo, i remember seeing some one on the forums making mdf mounts from memory)

Cheers

Dave

from my oh soo low knowledge,

100w speakers are good enough, (according to my friend) any higher, would require and amp,

obviously higher wattage would equal to better sound quality, so you can blast it and speakers wont break,

from my oh soo low knowledge,

100w speakers are good enough, (according to my friend) any higher, would require and amp,

obviously higher wattage would equal to better sound quality, so you can blast it and speakers wont break,

100watt rms or 100watt peak ?

i thought any thing over 50 watt rms requires an amp (one of my other reasons for not looking at getting the alpine r's)

Im running a JVC DVD Touchscreen with the stock speakers and a pioneer 2 chan amp and kicker sub i paid $30 for and it's over the top...

Im running a JVC DVD Touchscreen with the stock speakers and a pioneer 2 chan amp and kicker sub i paid $30 for and it's over the top...

true cheers for info do you know the model of your head unit ? cheers dave

Do you plan on running the speakers on an amp or just the headunit? If headunit then find something that doesnt require so many watts. Decent factory speakers go very well with after market headunits since they dont require much power.

If you get good speakers but dont amp them properly and deaden doors, i find that you dont get the most out of them.

My suggestion, for a basic set up is new headunit, set of splits in the front and a sub in the boot. Dw about rear fill since you're never in the back, passengers can listen to the front speakers.

Do you plan on running the speakers on an amp or just the headunit? If headunit then find something that doesnt require so many watts. Decent factory speakers go very well with after market headunits since they dont require much power.

If you get good speakers but dont amp them properly and deaden doors, i find that you dont get the most out of them.

My suggestion, for a basic set up is new headunit, set of splits in the front and a sub in the boot. Dw about rear fill since you're never in the back, passengers can listen to the front speakers.

ive decided im going to run it on a pionner gmf-6300 as i have one lying around to i may as well use it. ive finnally decided what i am getting ,

Is any one willing to install this inbrisbane?

Whats involved?

creating speaker mounts out of mdf.

installing 6.5 inch rear speakers

installing 6.5 inch splits in front

installing pionner double din headunit

(possibly installing a 4 channel amp as well.

located in north brisbane

If you are interested please personal message me.

Regards

David

Guys stop just looking at the "wattage". The Type S speakers from Alpine are very efficient speakers where they will sound pretty nice and loud with just head unit power. Amps can make it sound even nicer and louder but if you are going to get an amp, I'd suggest going with better speakers in the first place.

With the TypeR you WILL need an amp as they are more power hungry but they will sound better than the S's even if both are amp.

Just remember to spend the most on the front speakers as they are the most important part of the equation.

Guys stop just looking at the "wattage". The Type S speakers from Alpine are very efficient speakers where they will sound pretty nice and loud with just head unit power. Amps can make it sound even nicer and louder but if you are going to get an amp, I'd suggest going with better speakers in the first place.

With the TypeR you WILL need an amp as they are more power hungry but they will sound better than the S's even if both are amp.

Just remember to spend the most on the front speakers as they are the most important part of the equation.

^

Listen to this man. He knows.