2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse

hey all,

i was surfing the net and came across an advert...

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/06eclipse/

check out the specs of the GT version!

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMSA/jsp/ecl...tures_specs.jsp

263HP, 260lb-ft...whats that in aussie terms??? wheres my calculator :blink:

ill leave all the technical talk to the rest of u guys, but let me just say ive been lookin forward to this car goin into production for a long time and im really pleased with how it looks. i reckon mitsubishi's gone in the right direction. theyve updated a model with a wicked new look, but managed to still keep the features that make the eclipse the eclipse. personally, im a big fan of the diamond nose, but i know theres a lot of ppl that hate it.

i really hope the eclipse does well in the states. seems to be more than a simple sports car now and more classy like an audi tt. the interior looks all leathery :D

:) it looks good but 160hp on a 2.4l seems a little bit .....

why is it SOHC??

I think car manufactureres are trying to come out with more environmentally freindly hi-performance technology hence no turbos, using sohc etc.. 160bhp is 118kw from 2400cc is actually ok, same spec as our Honda CRV and Odysseys's 2.4 i-VTEC.

The engine specs for the Eclipse GT are very similar to Nissans new 350Z and Skyline.. max power is 260hp (20hp less than 350Z) at low revs and utilising its big torque. I think i hear another rough revving and nosiy engine like the 350Z's :(

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Unfortunately it will share a couple of things in common with the 350z, they're both made in America...:/

and at least with the 350z, while it can't go around corners, it does have rear wheel drive so you can at least try and recover from the oversteer. With the eclipse the front wheels are expected to be able to steer *and* nail down a potential 260bhp. Not a good combination in my book.

:) it looks good but 160hp on a 2.4l seems a little bit .....

why is it SOHC??

I think car manufactureres are trying to come out with more environmentally freindly hi-performance technology hence no turbos, using sohc etc..

It was my belief that DOHC was both more fuel efficient and produces a cleaner burn so cleaner emmisions (less NOx produced)