CAR DETAILING WEBSITE

Greetings all

I have found a web site in Australia (carcareproducts.com.au), who sell a vast variety of car care products.

I purchased the DURAGLOSS Polish Bonding Agent and the DURAGLOSS Total Performance Polish.

It is a two (2) stage treatment, and all I can say is WOOOOOOOOOOOW.

There are how to videos, which demonstrate the above system/application.

There are many things which I learnt from the site, and in particular, not applying products in a circular motion, but in a straight line.

Way to remove bugs/tar etc using a clay bar, and the list goes on.

Visit the website, watch the videos, and you will see what I mean.

Cheers

Angelo

• 1 month later...

I got the duragloss pack from them too. It's a great choice if you have to park your car outside 24/7 like I do. Just add nanolex for the glass surface and you're well protected.

They have some great products there but they don't stock meguiar coz they reckon meguiar is a volume seller, as in their product don't last long.

I got the duragloss pack from them too. It's a great choice if you have to park your car outside 24/7 like I do. Just add nanolex for the glass surface and you're well protected.

They have some great products there but they don't stock meguiar coz they reckon meguiar is a volume seller, as in their product don't last long.

P_T, did you actually go to their Rozelle site and purchase directly from them?

They not stock meg's because "they claim" its not a good as everyone thinks it is. The same goes for mothers & auto glym (my former fav products) they do a limited amount because the products just aren't as good as there other stuff.

....but dont take my word for it. Speak to them, go there, make sure they show you why certain products are better.

When i went to the shop the first time I had information OVERLOAD. Learned a $hite load of stuff for the guys there.

Key thing, go with an open mind and be prepared for "EPIC CHANGE" :P

Yea, I've been there 3 times since June and spent probably around 500 bucks. I drive to work via Victoria rd so it's more convenient for me to just go there, not to mention the saving I made on postage.

Thanks for that. They are just over the Anzac Bridge from where I am, but it will be just finding the time to get there. Same as finding the time to wash the car and other detailing stiff as I am a carer.

I'd be interested as to how the Durogloss goes, as my car is also parked in the street 24/7.

I've been using it for a few months now and I have to say Duragloss is doing a great job protecting my car. This is important as I won't be keeping this car for long and looking great means I can get higher resale value.

With big trees in my neighbourhood, almost everyday I got bats and birds crapping all over my car overnight or early morning, which means I won't know about it until it's nice and caked in. So far I don't see a single mark on the paint.

You do need to really clean the car and prepare the surface properly for maximum protection though. Use that 2 buckets method shown on their website, clay it good, use the bonding agent and 2 layers of the total performance polish. If you buy their Duragloss protection pack, you'll get a quick detailer as well, which is nice for an extra gloss look, and it supposedly bond with the sealant as well but I reckon that's just a marketing BS.

The quick detailer is very nice to have after the initial sealant application though. I usually just use a pressure washer thingee with the snow foam weekly, a quick hand wash with the 2 bucket method, dry the car and finish with the quick detailer. I'm not gonna bother with Carnauba wax since my car sits in the sun all day. It'll probably soften the wax and trapping more grit.

Oh and for the glass surface, I use the Nanolex glass sealant to prevent water mark etching on the glass as well as being a great water repellent during rain. If you use something like that for your glass, you'll need to clean your wiper properly though.

The only thing I haven't got protected properly is the black plastic trims around the car. I heard Dodo Juice crystal resin thingee is supposed to be good but I haven't tried it yet.