My new baby

Hello peeps,

I made a post on this forum a while back, wondering whether I should buy a Sportivo Camry or an Avalon.

I heard a lot of good things about the Mark V Camrys, and Avalons. But the Avalons drop in price too quickly...

And after owning 3 Camrys, over the space of 9 years, I decided to have an audacious change in motor vehicle.

Only in 2011 did I really find out about the Aurion, and decided this was the car for me.

Ladies and Gentlemen...let me present to you...

My new baby;-

post-6762-0-69123900-1309682738_thumb.jp

post-6762-0-64606500-1309682880_thumb.jp

Edited by Miklos73

I love this car to bits. Have posted my thoughts of this car on CarSurvey.org. Wish more people posted there.

Pluses;-

+ Very roomy interior. I always have passengers comment positively on the comfort of the rear seat.

+ Quite quick off the mark, but not the greatest handler in the world. (but this is the entry model and the first year model).

+ Highly economical, much better than my 1994 V6 Vienta Ultima, that was 13L/100Km's at the best of times. This is close to 10L/100Km's with everyday driving.

+ Stock sound system is pretty decent, still scratching my head as to some people's comments.

+ Cruise control, 4 wheel disc brakes, power everything comes stock standard.

Negs;-

- A delay with acceleration. Feels like there is a flat spot, just above idle revs.

- A bit too much pep? I think my car just needs very good tyres on the driving wheels (for the wet season).

- Can be hard to see around you (ie; when reversing), as the door pillars etc are thicker than found on your usual car...

- Park brake is unusual (foot operated) and can be a pain to use. Sometimes it doesn't apply properly...

I paid $12000 for my Aurion. That's cheap. But I am finding out why I got it so cheap.

The car had a bouncy ride at low speeds. Turns out the front rims were buckled.

Replaced them for $86 each. Looks like I may need to replace the rear ones as well.

The fuel door won't close properly.

These are little things I know, but I hope there are no more...

Ladies and Gentlemen...let me present to you...

My new baby;-

Congrats on your new buy.. !! Hope u will enjoy your Aurion... time to do some mod.. hahahhaha :)

I DO love this car, but I am not really one to 'do up' my vehicles.

I owned a stock standard MA61 Supra for three years (99-02), and in that 3 years no turbo was ever fitted to that car.

Looking back, maybe I would have. It cried out for a turbo, and I know now that engine could take a beating.

She overheated badly one day, the temp gauge went all the way to the top - but she got me home.

Replaced the radiator and coolant, and my Supra started up and drove on no probs...like nothing happened.

Aurion is a great powerful car love it in white aswell. Hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us.

Welcome mate and congrats on the purchase the Aurion is a great car you hope you enjoy it and WHITE FTW lol :clap:

Oh great... Another punter who's discovered how great Aurions are.

Aren't we trying to keep it hush hush to avoid EVERYBODY knowing how awesome these are?:P Otherwise we won't be able to buy one next time because of the huge waiting lists! :blink:

Congrats on the buy though. This is a seriously good car :toast:

I'm already thinking of getting another Presara once the novated lease on the one I have is up.... hehe.... I'll probably put the one I have atm for sale sometime in Oct 2013 or thereabouts.

Cheers,

BB

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome mate and congrats on the purchase the Aurion is a great car you hope you enjoy it and WHITE FTW lol :clap:

Oops I forgot to mention, it has a black interior. Cool...

Although there is a all too visible white stain, right on the driver's seat,

(looks like the last owner loved the car a little too much hehe...)

Negs;-

- A delay with acceleration. Feels like there is a flat spot, just above idle revs.

This seems to be a common complaint about most of the newer cars. My BF falcon is the same and I have a mate who has a Maxima and his is the same.

I wonder if it has something to do with the 'fly-by-wire throttle system.

- A bit too much pep? I think my car just needs very good tyres on the driving wheels (for the wet season).

If you value your new baby get some wider rims/mags and a good quality tyres.

And welcome to TOCA