AE93 Fuel filter and sump plates

Where abouts would I find the fuel filter in an AE93 Seca with the 4AGE motor, and how would I go about changing it? And is there a fuel tank filter as well, and should I bother replacing that too? Reason I ask is my car is running a bit rich.

Also, my Ae93 seca didnt come with the sump protector plate, and the plate that goes under the gearbox. Is it worth sourcing them and installing them? And would i have get them off an SX, or any AE9X, regardless of its motor, or transmission?

the fuel filter is bolted to the firewall on the passenger side of the engine bay. It wont be the cause of the car running rich. Check/replace the o2 sensor first.

If you do attempt to replace the fuel filter, ensure you use a good flare spanner on the lower tube nut so you dont round it off. It's easiest to get at from underneath the car/through the passenger wheel arch.

The cooling system works more efficiently when the splash guards are installed, you can get new ones from toyota or grab some secondhand from any ae92 at the wreckers. Engine/Trans/Body style does not matter.

I've located the filter, thanks for pointing out where to find it. I'd still rather change it, as I bought the car several months ago with no service history.

Is there a way I could check the condition of the O2 sensor at home, or would I need to take it to a Toyota workshop to be hooked up to a scantool?

And with the splash guards, do they help the motor warm up faster in cold temps, or keep the motor cooler on hot days, or both?

you can test the o2 sensor by measuring the voltage from one of the pins in the diags terminal in the engine bay, if you google it you'll find guides online on how to test it.

The splash guards make the radiator more efficient.

Edited by CHA54