motor stuffed 1litre oil per 600km

Hi i just purchased a Gt starlert 1991 import model from a guy in Brisbane that said it was in excellent condition for $6800. I got home and got a compression test done on it and

1#95PSI, 2#90psi, 3#90psi, 4#70psi, driving it back from brisbane i used 2 and a bit litres of oil because the oil light went on. So the motor is obviously stuffed how much money will it cost to fix and can anyone recommend me any ideas of where to take it in QLD, and its white it was advertised forsale on this site as being in excellent condition. Need help what can i do. Thanks

First of all I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, you can never be too careful when buying a 2nd hand car especially through private sales as you have no warranty or cooling down period. You can try speaking to the seller but I'd say he knew of the troubles and would deny any knowledge should you confront him, and if you tried any legal avenues he could easily counterclaim that you could have done the damage driving it home (testing it out so to speak)

Your only option is to either rid yourself of it or sell it on. $6800 for a 1991 starlet is a lot of dough for a very old car, especially one not in A1 condition, so my advice is to get rid of it and cut your losses rather than spend any money repairing it.

If you do decide to repair it then you need to ring around to mechanics and/or engine rebuilders and speak to them about cost. Nobody here can give you an accurate quote of what to expect to pay for such a vehicle you need to make some phone calls yourself.

Either way best of luck getting things sorted out.

Your best bet is an importer for a motor , you can still source 4EFTE engines as a half cut or as just an engine and they are quite cheap. It's unfortunate that you did the tests on the engine after slinging the cash but unfortunately the cars going to be worth absolutely nothing if it's not a going concern. Do you have any mechanical skills? this would help but if not an engine out and engine in will be your best friend providing you find a good mechanic who can do it at a fair price.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Toyota-ep91-Starlet-Style-4efte-turbo-ep81-/320725478898?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item4aacba6df2

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/JDM-Toyota-EP82-Starlet-4EFTE-Turbo-5-Spd-Man-Front-Cut-/330585543990?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cf86f1536#ht_662wt_1139

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Toyota-Starlet-4EFTE-Turbo-Engine-110-000kms-/290457256384?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a09a01c0

So theres 3 different examples on how you can obtain another motor.

Hope this helps!

People lie, sadly it happens. That is the risk of not buying from a dealer. It is up to you to have the car checked over before purchasing, you have that right to do so.

He may not know very much about it at all, he might think it looks shiny on the outside so it's fine on the inside.