tyre shine specs on paintwork

Hey all,

I recently bought my car from a dealer who had it detailed and after driving it for a short period of time i have realized that whatever they put on the tyres to shine them up has sprayd onto the paintwork n left a hard rubber substance in spots. Any advice for the least abbrasive way to remove this would be greatly appreciated. I also do not have a car port and im unable to clean the car with all the rain around so i have left it about a week.

cheers

Most effective way to remove road tar and spots like you have mentioned is anything that is oil based. You can use a range of things from citrus oils, to eucalyptus oil, to lighter fluid or anything like that. I had a pretty bad case of them before and eventually came to that conclusion after a while of frustration.

I used turtle wax bug and tar remover. With alot of elbow grease and about 2hrs of my time i finally got it all off. I will definetly look for a stronger oil based alternative next time.

• 4 weeks later...

The CT-18 truck wash is fantastic at removing bug guts and tar with minimal elbow grease compared to some of the other products, which definitely as you say work but man oh man someimes the elbow grease! <_< Be careful with tyre shine to always sponge off the excess a bit so you don't get that sling again - if I know I'm not going anywhere the next day/for a few hours I will put it on then and allow to dry so I don't have to worry about getting so much of the excess off and then the tyres are nice and shiny :D

If you've got the motivation when it gets a bit sunnier give it a wax and seal in some of your hard work ;)