Corolla Sportivo

I am new to the forums and I have just bought a 2003 Corolla Sportivo. I have a few questions about it and if you guys could help me out that would be great.

1. I have heard that the Corolla Sportivo's were not making the claimed output of 141kw and that it was an ecu issue which needed to be rectified by Toyota. Is this true and did it affect all the Sportivo's?

2. Would installing a piggy back computer like a HKS FconV rectify the power issue and further enhance performance?

3. Do all the TRD parts made for the Sportivo fit the Australian version? I am interested in the short shift kit, flywheel, LSD and headers.

Any other help is greatly appreciated and I apologise if all this has been brought up before.

welcome to the club

yes there was an issue with the output but all sportivos were recalled over this and the problem has been fixed.you could always take ya stivo to toyota and they will tell you if its been done or not.

not sure about the piggyback but there are some ecu piggybacks that improve performance.

yes nearly everything from trd will fit the sportivo.eg hedders/lsd/shortshifter/flywheel/hd clutch/CAI/even the supercharger (but no ones has outlayed the cash to get it done as far as i know).

hope this helps you out.

gday mate

welcome to the club

1. to check if u have had the ecu recall done....simply open the drivers side door n where the hinges to the door are there should be a silver sticker with the date it was done.....if u do not have the silver sticker there than hit up toyota for the ecu recall :D

2. As far as i know the HKS FCON V is not compatible with our cars atm (who knows maybe it will be in the future :P)...also with regards to replacing ECUs...best to leave it till u have done the I/H/E...

3. all trd parts for the 2ZZ should fit without n e hassles :) but as far as lsd , headers, flywheel n short shift kit goes....i recommend looking into other brands as other companies have made the same item for the 2ZZ rolla stivo which r mostly better n usually better priced

p.s. the TRD CAI from USA is a must tho for n e stivo owner :P

gday mate

welcome to the club

1. to check if u have had the ecu recall done....simply open the drivers side door n where the hinges to the door are there should be a silver sticker with the date it was done.....if u do not have the silver sticker there than hit up toyota for the ecu recall :D

Mine has had the work done... but there is no sticker.. so perhaps not an accurate way to tell..

Mine is late 2004 though

and yes TRD CAI aka "the red pipe" is a must.. now if only i could afford one :(

jus a question, after u guys got ur ecu's done, can u actually tell the difference?

btw, i jus found out 2day theres a recall on sportivos wif a sunroof. apparently some form of faulty wiring, cant remember but yea if u guy have a sunroof, get it checked out

i've only seen levins with sunrooves..... = P

ive had my stivo for less than a month and after u get ur ecu upgrade ur car drives like a heap of ****, had to wait about 2 weeks before i was impressed :)

does anyone know how this car compares to the previous shaped turbo stivo?

just call up ur toyota dealer and they do it FOC

= )

welcome to the club!

I got the recall done and drove to the Milton workshop and did an ecu reset. Then drove the living daylights out of it all the way home. I noticed a big difference in that hitting lift wasn't as viscious but had heaps more torque between about 3700rpm and 6000.rpm

Some birdy mentioned to me recently that our original ECU's were actually the european mapped ECU's which had TOTTALY different emission's (due to the EU regulations) hence the recall and swap for the correct ECU

Can anyone deny or confirm this?

Damn south africans :(