Playing DVD from OEM Head Unit - Aurion Presara

Avs

Hi Guys

First post so hoping someone can answer my query here.

Is it possible to play a DVD Movie from the Aurion Presara Head Unit ( GPS ) ????

Just want to know what needs to be done to get this option, input would be great guys and thanks in advance?

Can't be done. The only DVD reading slot in the head unit is designated for the map disc already.

The only way you can do it is to change the entire head unit.

Can't be done. The only DVD reading slot in the head unit is designated for the map disc already.

Thanks for the quick response Harlo, not sure if it will be worthwhile changing to one of the ones on ebay? The sell between $500 to $600 with a few more options but not sure about the quality though.

Thanks again Harlo

Thanks for the quick response Harlo, not sure if it will be worthwhile changing to one of the ones on ebay? The sell between $500 to $600 with a few more options but not sure about the quality though.

Thanks again Harlo

I don't think it's worth it. The Grande and the Presara share the same head unit (They're last gen Lexus units) and I don't think the aftermarket ones would be of equal quality.

I've been in a 2011 LX570 (Lexus's flagship SUV) and that thing played DVD and had the turn lines when the reverse camera was switched on and had a whole bunch of other features, I found that our units are pretty basic in comparison. I'm pretty sure that the landcruiser has the features available too as the LX570 is essentially a Landcruiser with a skirt?

Edited by Harlo

yeah I agree I won't worry about it too much, was interested in the DVD as I have a newborn and more less wanted it for entertainment for the little fella!

My just look to get a portable rather than changing the head unit.

Is it possible to get the LX570 head units into our cars? I mean is it a straight fit?

The other option would be, as you said, to buy a portable unit, but put it in one those pouches that you can just strap over the head-rest. Cheap and nasty approach so to speak, but I don't think you're newborn will be too fussy :P

Cheers mate, I think that would be the best approach, little man is only fussy between real milk to formula !

Thanks again

Thanks again Harlo

I have the unit off ebay. I like the factory ones better. The GPS is smoother in the factory unit. Plus the lighting looks better on the factory unit, along with other little things. Don't change the standard unit.

Thanks for the reassurance I will keep existing unit and purchase portable DVD player for my little man!

Probably the best option in my opinion, don't think the Lexus units would fit because you'd remove the buttons and stuff with it as well.