how to instal interior illumination?

Pawaluoxin

I bought a interior illumination on ebay, but I don't know how to instal it. Has anyone done that before? Where should the power connect with ?

Please be more specific on what it is you actually bought, and also use the forum search function to make sure your answer hasn't been covered already.

welcome to the forums mate.

easiest way is to open up your dash or somewhere similar and just tap into a 12v power supply, usually RED.

theres a full guide on how I did it. It may not be the same for your car but its a start.

If your anywhere near the north coast of NSW I can give you a hand

but my advice is just to get reading, forums, google etc and you'll be fine, its really easy to do.

goodluck!

If you mean footwell lighting, there's a guide for aurions posted here:

IMO, it isn't very clear but once you try it yourself, do a little figuring out and you'll understand.

I followed that guide to get my LED footwell lights installed, working in the same way as the dome light does.

Edited by lasertip

• 2 months later...

If you mean footwell lighting, there's a guide for aurions posted here:

IMO, it isn't very clear but once you try it yourself, do a little figuring out and you'll understand.

I followed that guide to get my LED footwell lights installed, working in the same way as the dome light does.

Hi - I'm in a similar position to the original poster (I purchased a geniune footwell illumination kit from a dealer) and want to install it myself. It came with no instructions but a number of connectors, so it's clearly intended to be a straight 'plug in' to an existing harness. Trouble is, I don't know which harness. Most of the other threads I've seen on the subject seem to relate to splicing a DIY kit into the car wiring.

Was just wondering if you or anyone else might know where the harness is supposed to plug in, and/or failing that might have access to the service manual as I would expect that it is documented in there given it's a genuine part normally fitted by the dealer (I have a 2011 Camry grande).

(For that matter, I'd probably buy a genuine workshop service manual if I could find one at a sane price; was driving a Jeep for the last 14 years and got the workshop manual for that when I bought it - this came in very handy over the years).