Get my new wheels Tomoz, What'ya thinK?

ZAV

They were $250 a tyre and $275 a wheel

So overall they cost $2100

I didnt shop around cuz I work full time but I think that was a fair price.

I could have got them for $1800 with Nankang tyres and a little bit more with Hancooks, but I didnt want to go cheap on tyres.

As far as I understand, the wheels wont scrub, but I guess I'll find out tmoz.

Next on my list is suspension.

Edited by ZAV

Cool, exept from the number of spokes they look 100% like my rims from AEZ. Really, its almost like they are made in the same factory, the form of the spoke, the way the spoke connects to the outer edge of the weel. It's identical ...

thats the next step. Im waiting on the driveway at work to get repaired so i can get up it. So I think thats gona happen in the next month or so. So the car will look like a bus for a little while longer.

cool, have u got any pics?

Got this from the website for the details

http://www.aez-wheels.com/wheels/picturebase/6241.jpg

And a picture of them on my car you can find in my garage.

Funny, mine are also special lightweight. But payed A LOT less then you. 1275€ including Falken 415's in 225/40/18 mounted and balanced and fitted to the car.

Nice wheels, but them being 18s might weigh a bit too.  Also watch the offset, you going for 225 just be careful they don't scrub.  ;)

They wont scrub! This size tyre is the correct one for the job. If you punch the specs of the stock rubber into a tyre calculator you will find that 225/35/18 is the closest match in rolling circumference without going over. I have the exact same tyres, nice boots for the money!

Alot of guys tried to talk me into a 215/35/18 but its way off for rolling circumference and too narrow across the rim, tyre gutter protector doesnt even come into play as the tyres are 'pulled' across the rim.

Here u go

Zav,

That looks just like mine after I had the rims fitted. Personally if you want a decent look without sacrificing too much ride quality go with King lows (not superlows).

On superlows mine was sitting on the bumpstops.

Unless of course your going all out and fitting adjustables!

Enjoy!

They wont scrub! This size tyre is the correct one for the job. If you punch the specs of the stock rubber into a tyre calculator you will find that 225/35/18 is the closest match in rolling circumference without going over. I have the exact same tyres, nice boots for the money!

Alot of guys tried to talk me into a 215/35/18 but its way off for rolling circumference and too narrow across the rim, tyre gutter protector doesnt even come into play as the tyres are 'pulled' across the rim.

Both 225/35 and 225/40 should be legal, they both are less then 1% of the original size. But the 40's will give you plenty more comfort.

The 215/35's would be killer from a standpoint of looks but not so fun if comfort is important. It being stretched poses no problem at al and the wheel protectors are BS anyway. You schould see what gets stretched over rims in europe. a 195 on a 7.5 or 8" rim is no exeption. Looks awsome !!!

Edited by Orbit

The verdict

Still a very comfortable ride, only maybe 20% firmer, no scrubing and i reckon 235 tyres wuld fit without any issues.

Much more punchier take off thanks thanks to light weight wheels. Thanks to Falken, they also stick to the road like flies to ****.

Overall, I love my new wheels,

do u guys reckon 225/35/18 or 225/40/18 would fit on the rolla if it is dropped 50mm?

If you going to drop it, 225/40/18 will definitely scrub, especially the rear arc. even after rolling the cutter. Mine i had to get it replace by 215/35/18 as none of the mention above could solve.

do u guys reckon 225/35/18 or 225/40/18 would fit on the rolla if it is dropped 50mm?

If you going to drop it, 225/40/18 will definitely scrub, especially the rear arc. even after rolling the cutter. Mine i had to get it replace by 215/35/18 as none of the mention above could solve.

ok thanx.. im off to hunt for tyres! get back to you guys on wat i purchase.