[QLD] Cruise/BBQ - End of October 2011

Steven

To those attending only!  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Does anyone coming have a good camera they can bring? Thinking of adding a photoshoot to the morning for those interested as the mountains should offer a fantastic backdrop

Does anyone coming have a good camera they can bring? Thinking of adding a photoshoot to the morning for those interested as the mountains should offer a fantastic backdrop

I'm still in. And I can get wifey to bring her camera gear. Jadegreen.com.au

I'm still in. And I can get wifey to bring her camera gear. Jadegreen.com.au

Greatly appreciated

I've got everything crossed my wife's new car arrives on friday like the broker says it will or I might be one of the scumbags that pulls out at the 11th hour :( However, if all does go o plan i'll see you all on the 29th. Meet up location/s???

The more cameras the merrier.

Meeting spots will be the Loop for northsiders and BP Yatala for southsiders. Cruise details are still being worked on and I might not have a proper plan put together for a few more days but it will basically go along the lines of:

Meetup -> Cruise to BBQ spot, eat chat etc -> cruise to photoshoot -> finish

DJKOR has agreed to lead the cruise to the BBQ spot where I'll be arriving earlier to set everything up. BBQ will be simple BYO drinks, snags on bread for $1. BBQ will be about 10am so once the location is decided the meeting times will be arranged around that.

If anyone is aware of any good BBQ spots and/or photoshoot locations around Mt Tamborine or the G/Coast hinterlands drop me a PM

New Plan!

The cruise will now commence at the Loop and proceed up towards Mt Nebo where the BBQ will be. Cruise will then continue right up through Esk and return via the Warrego Highway. Photoshoot location yet to be determined by will be decided prior to Friday.

New Plan!

The cruise will now commence at the Loop and proceed up towards Mt Nebo where the BBQ will be. Cruise will then continue right up through Esk and return via the Warrego Highway. Photoshoot location yet to be determined by will be decided prior to Friday.

Um.... WTF is "the loop". Please spell it out for the Gold Coasters

and what time?

The Loop is where the Thursday night meets are held.

Start time will be about 9am at the Loop - once again I'll be heading straight to the BBQ location (Jolly's lookout) to secure a spot etc.

should have read this thread sooner.

Its a bit more difficult for me to be there now, seeing how I drive from the Gold Coast all the way up there...

I was definitely in for Mt Tamborine, but now I don't think I can make it.

(and after I washed the car all ready too):(

and with DJ leading the cruise, i suspect it won't be a slow cruise

it is a cruise, not a race

Exactly. Plus I am carrying all my work gear (which includes a ladder) cause I can't be bothered removing it from the car.

• 2 weeks later...