Gen 5 New 18" Rims added

spordeano

Hi

My Tyres are 235 40 18

It’s been lowered and I have had no problems at all except they did not put the hub rings on correctly and that sent the wheels out of balance.

The Wheels don’t stick out from the body of the car so nice and legal ;)

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

try that link for sizing

nice rims i need some for mine!!

I got pedders sports springs for $240 i wanted red springs not yellow!!

but if you have spring claps i found it really easy to put them in myself with a friends help.

the first one took about an hour but after we knew what we were doing it was easy.

All you need are some spring clamps.

• 5 months later...

hey guys,

with the king springs

did you go for lows or super lows?

any1 fitted super lows to the GEN5?

if so hows the ride height and quality?

Grab out a ruler or tape measure man and measure your current tyre to guard gaps. Subtract 35mm from that and gauge it. Then try 50mm. That'll give you a rough idea. 50mm is fine I'm sure though. No scrubbing. Unless you went 65mm drop with Lovells Super Lows which are the lowest spring you can get to my knowledge, you may scrub then.

35mm drop won't bottom out. 50mm won't bottom out too much. Thing is, the shocks will wear out a little faster over time now due to the added stress they are under. However when that happens just grab some Koni shocks or something ;)

hey guys,

with the king springs

did you go for lows or super lows?

any1 fitted super lows to the GEN5?

if so hows the ride height and quality?

Grab out a ruler or tape measure man and measure your current tyre to guard gaps. Subtract 35mm from that and gauge it. Then try 50mm. That'll give you a rough idea. 50mm is fine I'm sure though. No scrubbing. Unless you went 65mm drop with Lovells Super Lows which are the lowest spring you can get to my knowledge, you may scrub then.

35mm drop won't bottom out. 50mm won't bottom out too much. Thing is, the shocks will wear out a little faster over time now due to the added stress they are under. However when that happens just grab some Koni shocks or something ;)

I probably would guess if your contemplating in dropping more than 35-40mm, you would have to change your shocks at the same time.

Theres a settling period with springs....(especially the lower quality)..If going the greater drop....better getting the combo first time......dont want a 'bouncy bouncy' ride

My previous car had H&R(German) springs 35mm drop ....highly recommended.....

Brad

• 9 months later...

I also have a gen5 Toyota Camry Sportivo and am planning to put 18x8's on it next year, something from the tempe tyres website. I don't know much about rims, do I need to put new springs into it as I'm not planning on lowering it.

I'm also in Perth, metro, wondering about a good place to get it done.

HEY GUYS. all i know is that this topic is about wheels for a camry. and just wanted to say that its good see all the camry boys talkin it up about there camry's. enough talkin about rolla's. keep it up peepz

HEY GUYS. all i know is that this topic is about wheels for a camry. and just wanted to say that its good see all the camry boys talkin it up about there camry's. enough talkin about rolla's. keep it up peepz

I find having lows with people in tha back and a full boot scrubs the tyres. Pitty the king springs are not a little stiffer. I would advise not going too low or your car will be a pig to use.

• 3 weeks later...

Originally my gen 4 was starting to sag at the rear... mostly after fully loading it up to the max and driving about 5,000km total while moving sydney to victoria... it got worse by the week... scraping out of driveways and that drooping rear made the front point high... i was getting flashed by people on bumpy roads when i used low beam... so i got aa local joint to put kings normal ride height in supply $160 fit $40 cash price and no wheel alignment... bit bouncy at first but after 3-4 weeks it settled in and now loows like original stock... thing is now my shocks are starting to go... or could be the dampers/bushes cause its rough going over bumps...

This time i might drop the whole car and do lows all round with new shocks... (and new bushes of course) thing is i wanna get 18" rims so its the case of which one to do first... (i was thinking the rims then springs and shocks cause of the wheel alignment... have to wait and see... :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...