10,000km Service Surprise

Hi All,

Got my car serviced yesterday for the 10,000km service. It ended up costing me $153.35 which isn't too bad I guess. They didn't wash the car like they normally did and I thought it was a bit strange but I was going to wash it again anyway so it didn't matter.

I found when I was drying the car that they had actually scrapped some of my rear right bumper and also a little bit of the panel near the headlight. This wasn't there before the service and what confirms that they did it is that they tried to touch it up so that I wouldn't notice the damage.

Anyone else had this experience after getting your car serviced and if so, what did you do? I'm going to call them up later today to have a "chat" about my service.

Bring it back asap, ask for the service manager and discuss. Don't wait.

Never had anything like that happen at Toyota Service but been through plenty of other mechanics in the past with my other car. That lovely legal clause sign that states "Owners leave their vehicle at their own risk" covers them for everything.

The dealer did this to one of my Audis once.

They initially admitted responsibility, then denied it.

I just put iin a claim to my insurance company attributing blame to the dealer, had the car repaired, and never heard a thing about excess etc.

Neil

I had the same experience once at my 10,000 service as well. The corner of my front bar just at the bottom was scratched and I was sure that it wasn't there before I brought it in. It was probably cos they didn't realise that my car was lowered.

Anyway, it came down to your word vs theirs and they said that they didn't do it. Oh well. Didn't realise that I could have brought it to my insurance company though.

I guess the reason that I didn't do it is because there is damage that has been touched up with by them. (There is a couple of scratches on the bumper which have had a touchup pen run over it and there is a chip in the panel which also has had touchup pen run over it.)

My standing is that if it was myself that had done the damage and touched it up, why is no touch up on the various little stone chips and scratches on the rest of the car?

I've tried calling them a few times but have been transferred more times than a Telco. Apparantly the service manager is going to call me back O_o

Took the car bar this afternoon and showed them. They said they would repair it for me when I next brought the car in (apparantly they need to a order a new shock absorber from japan as the rear left is leaking). I asked if it would come up like new to which they said it would. They would require the car for 2 days so the paint would dry and would loan me a car during that time.

So we'll see what happens in a couple of weeks time...

Samething happened to me at the 10 k service but the damage was to the rear bumper, due to another car reversing to mine :angry: , so when I went to pick the car up there was no way they could deny it cause I spotted right then and there :huh: ... so they coughed a new rear bumper :P

Took the car bar this afternoon and showed them. They said they would repair it for me when I next brought the car in (apparantly they need to a order a new shock absorber from japan as the rear left is leaking). I asked if it would come up like new to which they said it would. They would require the car for 2 days so the paint would dry and would loan me a car during that time.

So we'll see what happens in a couple of weeks time...

Try and get them to replace the other rear shock as well. That way you'll have two jap shocks in the rear end. I guess its highly unlikely they'll replace the other shock if its ok though.

Also, I'd insist that they fully rub back and respray every panel that they have damaged/scratched, if they just patch it up it could look dodgy! You took them a car in good condition so you should be given back a car in good condition. They stuffed up so they should have to pay in full for it.

Thats the way I see it...

agreed with mick0082

i wouldnt want a patch up id be getting up them heaps bad it would bug meknowing that its not an immaculate bumper any more its been patched up

you might not be able to tell but you still know it in your own mind