Will it fit?? ;)

YE34OK

Hey guys,

just need a quick opinion, I'm really interested in a set of wheel but the specs are 18"x9" offset +40. Car is a ZRE152 corolla hatch back 2008 model.

Some members on here have done the 9" with ease but their offsets are lower. Just worried I might not have enough 'inner clearance'. I can't use the calculator just yet either cos I have no idea on the specs of the rims currently on it (Rodney Jane Racing options) and i can't seem to take off the wheel runs LOL .. looks like my dealer used the gun to tighten it <_<

Any advice is appreciated!!

Compared to my rims, 18x9 +40 will have 18mm less inner clearance and extend out 8mm towards the guard...

Now this white ZRE has 18x8 +32 front and 18x9 +29 rear

With the rims you are interested in they will have 11mm less inner clearance and extend 11mm further out on the rear.

The fronts will have 21mm less inner and extend 5mm out

This is comparing against the pic below, it's not super low and I don't know what tyre size it's running but I think your on a winner with 9" +40

d83f8aff.jpg

thanks for that mate! :clap:

One correction on what you said. The wheels i'm looking at Retract (not extend) in 11mm compared to those SP1s.. hmmmm sounding OK so far =] we'll see what happens. Guess it's best if i go test fit one side on tho. Now to find free time!

Got my new rims :D (well getting them tomorrow) .. what tyres would be suitable?? i have no clue when it comes to this stuff.. i'm guessing ill need something that'll give some stretch?

• 2 weeks later...

Dont run stretch if you really really really need to do so. Judging from the pic with the x9 +29 the rear sits pretty good with what seems like minimal minimal stetch. Your x9 +40 like john said will sit 11mm in thus less poke. So no, you wont need stretch tyres so it seems

(not a corolla fitment expert)