Sat Nav Reversing Camera retro fit

Sunsett

Hi all,

Just purchased an 08 ZR6 after our 98 Cruiser spat 5th Gear. (topic for another day)

Anyway we have the standard Sat Nav system Part No PZQ60-00200. I have seen on Toyota's web site that they appear to make a reversing camera PZQ90-42010 for them http://www.toyota.com.au/owners/accessories/interior-accessories/reversing-camera

I rang my local toyota dealer parts guy, who is good to talk to, but he says that toyota dont list a part no for this camera and my RAV. I would be interested to hear from anyone who has retro fitted a reverse camera to this Sat Nav system and what was involved.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just purchased an 08 ZR6 after our 98 Cruiser spat 5th Gear. (topic for another day)

Anyway we have the standard Sat Nav system Part No PZQ60-00200. I have seen on Toyota's web site that they appear to make a reversing camera PZQ90-42010 for them http://www.toyota.com.au/owners/accessories/interior-accessories/reversing-camera

I rang my local toyota dealer parts guy, who is good to talk to, but he says that toyota dont list a part no for this camera and my RAV. I would be interested to hear from anyone who has retro fitted a reverse camera to this Sat Nav system and what was involved.

Cheers

It is possible. I too have a 08 ZR6 since new. At the time of purchase, the dealer was able to fit a reversing camera (but i don't think it was listed as a genuine accessory, but rather an aftermarket product). I went with reversing sensors instead as they were the genuine accessory.

Search around, there should be a few people around who can fit an aftermarket camera to the sat nav screen (as there is an input for reversing camera). They will generally be cheaper than toyota stealership.

I'm currently thinking about fitting one. And tring to get some quotes from some fitters around, including my own toyota dealer. I'll let you know the price difference. I'm in Melbourne though.

Thanks ACHK,

After initially denying that the camera exists, my local guys had one in stock and in fact did quite a good deal for me under $290 part no PZQ90-42010. It comes with all the bits and a good instruction manual.

I had also been doing some enq with the local after market guy. He quoted $340 + $90 fitting. So I went back with the genuine article and he is happy to fit it for $90, plus have a look why the bluetooth mic is not working. (Satnav was replaced on insurance, new owners didnt test)

I am quite capable of installing this unit myself, but crikey for $90 I have other things to do :whistling:

I have a camera on my work car and wouldnt be without one now, so a good investment I think, especially considering the wife will drive it most of the time. :unsure:

I will update the post afer it is installed in a couple of days.

PS. The Installation Manual says install time 90 minutes, Toyota quoted 4 hours. Sounds about right. :rolleyes:

Edited by Sunsett

Thanks ACHK,

After initially denying that the camera exists, my local guys had one in stock and in fact did quite a good deal for me under $290 part no PZQ90-42010. It comes with all the bits and a good instruction manual.

I had also been doing some enq with the local after market guy. He quoted $340 + $90 fitting. So I went back with the genuine article and he is happy to fit it for $90, plus have a look why the bluetooth mic is not working. (Satnav was replaced on insurance, new owners didnt test)

I am quite capable of installing this unit myself, but crikey for $90 I have other things to do :whistling:

I have a camera on my work car and wouldnt be without one now, so a good investment I think, especially considering the wife will drive it most of the time. :unsure:

I will update the post afer it is installed in a couple of days.

PS. The Installation Manual says install time 90 minutes, Toyota quoted 4 hours. Sounds about right. :rolleyes:

That's a good deal. My local Toyota dealer just quoted me $600 fitted. I guess I'll be shopping around.

• 5 months later...

Any chance you could scan and email me the instructions? I can then post them up here for reference to others. I was thinking about installing an aftermarket camera and connecting it to the Toyota sat nav, the Toyota instructions would probably help! :)

• 1 year later...

I have just purchased a 2013 RAV4 2.0lt 2WD which comes with a reversing camera. When I asked about them supplying and fitting a satnav I was quoted $1700. Seems high wondering if anyone else has had one fitted.

Thanks

I bought a headunit + reversing camera from ebay..... to be honest, in my opinion it annihilates every aspect of the factory unit. The functionality is light years ahead, and the sound quality is better.

20130427_165026_zps433af675.jpg

About $500ish from memory. I fitted the head unit myself, then got an auto elec to wire the reversing camera.... which was an additional $80.

The unit runs on Android, and allows you to install any GPS version you want. (Currently have tomtom and IGO Primo installed)

Generally speaking i would say stay clear from **** like this on ebay. But I was pleasantly surprised and it continues to impress me.