1976 Original Corolla. 1400 klms only

Hi everyone,

I am a first time user and would like to get some opinions on a unique Toyota Corolla. Namely a 1976 Corolla that had only ever done 1400 klms, and is still by any description brand new. It was bought in 1976 and the original owner died. The car is sitting in the garage and has been ever since, without ever being started up. The widow decided to sell the car, and I am thinking to buy it just because I don't think there is anything else like it around.

I wanted to know if that sort of thing would be popular and if anyone has any indication as to what that car in that condition would be worth? Also do you think it would improve in value in the future?

Any other thoughts or advice for this would be very much appreciated.

If I have posted in the wrong section, or if you think I might get more responses in another forum, please let me know.

whoa.. 1400 original kms :o !

thats freakin awesome !

edit: mann, thats some pretty rare sh*t, i just tried lookin for one on carsales... noones got a 1976 .. thats a very excellent find, depending on the condition, i reckon thats awesome,

btw:

welcome to the club dude :] !

thats freakin awesome !

edit: mann, thats some pretty rare sh*t, i just tried lookin for one on carsales... noones got a 1976 .. thats a very excellent find, depending on the condition, i reckon thats awesome,

btw:

Thank you, for the welcome. I did really join to get the information on this car, but you never know, it might grow on me.

The car is BTW really like brand new, I could not believe it, when i first saw it either.

thats freakin awesome !

btw:

Thank you, for the welcome. I did really join to get the information on this car, but you never know, it might grow on me.

The car is BTW really like brand new, I could not believe it, when i first saw it either.

do a search on the forum, someone posted up like a corolla with an extremely low kms on it, like 12km or something, he drove it from the dealer home and never drove it, its like full preserved, appearantly the reporter that did the report (lol) said it still had a new car smell,

Theres quite a number of things to consider:

- What model is the car , sounds like it will be a KE3X Series but it's value will be different pending the body shape - 4 doors are worth the least where as coupes fetch better money as they are more commonly used for restoration purposes etc , also Wagons and Panel Vans are popular for their function but also their rarity.

- There will be some extensive mechanical work involved to get it running if it's sat for that type of period.

- How much is it? and what are you going to do with it?

Can i buy it? haha

The car is in my garage, and as I said in the first post I do not know what to do with it. If anyone can estimate the value of this car, or how I could get one done, I would consider selling the car.

The car is in my garage, and as I said in the first post I do not know what to do with it. If anyone can estimate the value of this car, or how I could get one done, I would consider selling the car.

That is just freaken awesome dude! I would say keep it!! How is the engine and how does it run? Maybe get the wheels restored for starters.

If you want to modify it, you can do the simple things as suspension (springs, shocks, bars), more free-flowing exhaust etc. I would also get a set of steelies widened with some wide aggressive tyres! :D

I think doing all that to the car would lower its appeal. It would to me anyway. It is original, in every sense of the word. Even the filters are factory fittings, never been changed, It's the rarity and originality that attracted me to this car in the first place. I see this as a museum piece, more than a car i would want to get in and drive.

I am not sure how the engine runs, i have not attempted to start it. All the fluids would need to be replaced, but I don't want to touch it until I definitely decide what is to be done.

Definitely good point. I was merely saying if you wanted to modify it. :)

Depending on your situation (I don't know how much you bought it for and how much it's worth), I would say to keep it or at least, give it to someone that would appreciate it as much!

My brother and I bought this car and we have decided to sell it.

Most likely we will end up putting it on unique cars and on ebay at some stage.

Edited by DJKOR
No 'For Sale' discussion. Please refer to the Buy & Sell rules.

• 2 weeks later...

Please refer to the Buy & Sell rules as previously mentioned. This is your second warning. Further posts in discussion of the sale of your car will result in an account suspension.

Forum Terms and Conditions / Buy & Sell Rules

2) If you are a new member you must have at least 30 posts to your name which are of value to the community as well as being a member for more then 3 months. You might ask "well how do you measure this?" Its simple. You've answered questions, you've contributed to discussions etc. This is NOT and you do NOT qualify if all your posts are in the Buy & Sell area or if all you do is post in the spam based threads (e.g. picture numbers, Word association etc). How will we govern this? Again simple. There are now over 23,000 members on the forum so I'm sure if on of the Mods miss it, another member would be diligent enough to send a Mod a PM, as it is the community of members who are asking for this governance. I should also note that this includes linking to items being sold on other sites (e.g. other forums etc) or linking to auction sites (e.g. eay, Yahoo Auctions etc).

4) If you would like to sell your Toyota, you must be a TOC Supporter. This is a benefit given to paying members of the community as a token of our appreciation for their support.