Weathershields or Tint

aem

I installed the jdm type the other day and like you said it good for rainy days. The oem one i didn't like cos it leaves the silver rim on the window frame which i'm not a fan of. As for tint i prolly won't do it.

Nice.

I bought OEM for the chrome. :)

I installed the jdm type the other day and like you said it good for rainy days. The oem one i didn't like cos it leaves the silver rim on the window frame which i'm not a fan of. As for tint i prolly won't do it.

Nice.

I bought OEM for the chrome. :)

Ok, also the jdm ome comes out more whereas the oem one looks pretty flat (and small).

I would recommend tint. I have had darkest blackest tint put on every car I have ever had, and even my house has tinted windows. Unfortunately here in Qld they outlawed tinting of front windscreens a few years ago. Rear windows and strips on top of front windscreen can be as black as you like. Had a mirror finish stripe put on the top of my wife's previous Mazda 2 when it was tinted...love that east asian motor scene look.

Slimline windshields kind of look okay, but you know if a few years time they will crack and need to be replaced. If you are going to get windshields, go for the larger size ones for the genuine old fella drivin' along the highway with the window fully down look.

One thing that is out of date but I think should come back is rear window slimeline shields. I think the gen 3 or 4 Camry was the last to have them as an option (?).

BTW tining does not attract the cops in my experience. However, it does attract gawking geezers from staring at your car trying to see who is inside. Don't ask me why, it just does. Tint cools the car, looks good, gives privacy, and gives greater integrity to glass in a car smash.

One thing that is out of date but I think should come back is rear window slimeline shields. I think the gen 3 or 4 Camry was the last to have them as an option (?).

Genuine have front and rears.

BTW tining does not attract the cops in my experience. However, it does attract gawking geezers from staring at your car trying to see who is inside. Don't ask me why, it just does. Tint cools the car, looks good, gives privacy, and gives greater integrity to glass in a car smash.

I heard about no limits on the rear but in NSW that might not be legal. The only tint i can get is 35% for legality and maybe insurance reason. I'm still not sure cos i fancy a TEINs drop more at the moment (but thinking if i can lied to insurance saying i got it done before the new rules in 2009 requiring engineering cert. or not).

As for the cracking after a while, it doesn't do it on my other car.