Weathershields or Tint

aem

I know these don't substitute one another but i will only get one.

Can't decide so i need advice.

Tint: 20% costing $230, only thing i worry about is antenna and maybe cops.

Shields: JDM type (slim black) from ebay $70 odd, but will it look tacky on a camry tivo?

What should i get?

I know these don't substitute one another but i will only get one.

Can't decide so i need advice.

Tint: 20% costing $230, only thing i worry about is antenna and maybe cops.

Shields: JDM type (slim black) from ebay $70 odd, but will it look tacky on a camry tivo?

What should i get?

nahh mann ! not tacky at all ! weathershields are awesome imo of course! :D ! :toast:

but, if you got no tint, get tint, esp in the sumemr time, keeps that heat out,

I would personally get the 20% tint as it has more actual practical use.

I have both 15% tint and slim line.

Slim line weathershields really don’t do much at all.

Shields come in handy when's it raining. I'm not sure if 20% is too dark and i heard about antenna issues with tint there's my dilemma not to mention cops.

Shields come in handy when's it raining. I'm not sure if 20% is too dark and i heard about antenna issues with tint there's my dilemma not to mention cops.

check your state laws regarding tints, as far as i know in vic, 35% is the darkest legal tint

and if you are getting dark tint, i suggest not that dark in the rear screen, its too dark at night when you revering and stuff,

It is your car; you can do whatever you like with it.

By memory :unsure:, the 35% darkest legal applies to the front two door glasses and rear screen.

As for rear door glasses, you can apply any darkness tinting.

Hmm might not look too bad with front 35 and rear 20, jdm style hehehe. Arhh decisions decisions....

I guess you have to ask whether you want to attract attention by the law. What about your annual testing, will it get picked up there if it is too dark?

Given that the interior seats and trim are black, a 20% tint will make it extra dark. Then again if the 35% is not dark enough, why bother?

If my insurer DO AGREE to insure 20% illegal tint than that's a swing towards tinting.

Btw, the dark slim shields can protect the windows frames whereas the tint don't.

To me the idea of having them slim dark shields is also for looks, having them blend into a dark windows you are basically hiding them.

Because our cars come with factory tint, not sure what % the dark shields will stand out and makes the car look a little more unigue.

But I'd be poorer by $70. I don't want to be so.

Make sacrifices. Food isnt important... you can do without that for a week, then win and profit with weather shields? :P

• 4 weeks later...

I have both too.

Both have their advantages.

Tint is good for heat, while driving or stationary. Looks play an important part in it too.

The weather sheilds are good for rain while driving and good for when you park the car, you can leave the windows slightly down to allow heat to escape.

Buy the genuine ones from Toyota. They are the best looking weathersheilds I have ever fitted to my cars.

I installed the jdm type the other day and like you said it good for rainy days. The oem one i didn't like cos it leaves the silver rim on the window frame which i'm not a fan of. As for tint i prolly won't do it.

I installed the jdm type the other day and like you said it good for rainy days. The oem one i didn't like cos it leaves the silver rim on the window frame which i'm not a fan of. As for tint i prolly won't do it.

oooh any pics of your "jdm" one ?

Not sure why this isn't dark, but it's the same looking only it's like 5% tint dark like the other pic.

VISOR-W-TOCA07ad.jpg

image.php-583.jpg

Edited by aem