Anyone know about flat tyres?

HEY GUYS,

long time no post!?! happy new yearz guys,

anyways im overseas right now and the only car Im free to use has been sitting solitary in a driveway for anything upto 6 months.. engine and soft top were given a 2nd life (about 6 months ago) but 3 of the 4 corners the car is standing on are now completely flat and the 1 corner not flat is about 35% inflated. sorry no pics but I am wondering in general terms how resilient are tyres if theyve just been left to stand and slowly deflate over time? I know we are going to try to inflate them tomorrow but what are the chances the tyres are going to be past the point of inflating and need to be replaced?

THANKS IN ADVANCED FOR INFRMATIVE REPLIES!

Personally unless the tyres are of a reputable brand(Toyo, Yokahama, Nitto)or similar I would be rather reluctant to drive on them at speeds of much more than 80kph. They may last OK but it may be worth getting the front ones replaced with something new.

For the the top & engine to have had repairs done and then for it not to be driven seems more than a little strange.

well the car belongs to my parents and they live in australia. Im staying in a holiday house they recently bought, as well as a car which has been handed round the family a few times. the engine and soft top were fixed by dad when he was last here and nobodys been in the house or the car since my dad left here.. Ill post up pics soon.. its a stainless steel hunk of crap with a toyota crown steering wheel!!?? the car is rediculous! lol! not sure what make the engine is but youll see when i post up the pix/video of it.

Im in the philippines, mindanao specifically, about 3 hours from cagayan de oro where they had those killer landslides not long ago.. (there goes my shopping destination, who wants to go shopping with the smell of dead bodies in the air?!)..unless you are a bus or a truck, most other traffic only drives 30km/h top speed?!

If you are only going 30 then there would be no chance of being killed in an accident if one of the tires blew.

You are more likely to be caught up in a drive-by shooting.

gday all,

Ive taken pics and will post them soon.. 4got iphone charger and thus cant transfer the images to my laptop until i go home.

Quick update, took the 3 flat tyres off the car this morning and papa in law drove me n the tyres to his local tyre center.. they checked em for leaks and despite looking like crap when I first took them off the car, the rubber on each tyre was pretty good, plenty of tread left!?! the 2 front tyres required new innertubes, about an a good hours work considering the two guys working on my tyres were also working on 2 other cars at the same time!?? all up to repair the tyres was 700 Pesos, or about $16.

Then we picked up my papa in laws mechanic mates who gave the car a check up.. looked over the spark plugs, oil, radiator, put my tyres back on the car, checked the brakes on each corner and repaired the rear drivers side brakes because it was'nt functioning.. their time cost 300 pesos.. just under $7 :)

Still got to get the spare tyre into working condition.. may need a new rim all together..

Seriously if you saw the car youd be like WTF but the car works, its an old jeepney with toyota components and its lasted this long, probebly not the safest thing on the road but itll do!