CAI

Sorry!!! but i entirely agree with "eddy_torrezz"

lately they have been cases of too many cases like these happening.... i may not post much but it doesn't mean that i am not looking at the forum.

there are tons of newbies like me who doesn't know the feature of a search button...call us dumb or whatever it is but there are some terms that a lot of pple might not know.

Example.... if someone is new to cars, do you think Power FC means anthing to them?? What does extractors, headers, ecu and etc....does to yr car??

I do not want to start a war here but give people a chance... no one is born a genius :)

Kelvin you are in the sunny state of QLD.....which from last time I looked HAS THE MOST modified caorollas AROUND!!!!! IF one of us from thursday nights cant help you ......then gees i suppose you better talk to neil bates or toby @ meridian ;)

Who ever said water goes in the engine without a bypass valve .. errmmm the engine is hot enough that any moisture that makes it that far is evaporated away ...

CAI on its OWN - i.e. no other mods wont make huge diff - but in conjunction with other mods u will see the benefits.

lately they have been cases of too many cases like these happening.... i may not post much but it doesn't mean that i am not looking at the forum.

there are tons of newbies like me who doesn't know the feature of a search button...call us dumb or whatever it is but there are some terms that a lot of pple might not know.

Example.... if someone is new to cars, do you think Power FC means anthing to them?? What does extractors, headers, ecu and etc....does to yr car??

I do not want to start a war here but give people a chance... no one is born a genius :)

ya wouldnt know it with some of the dudes on this site.

gotta say though there is alot of good people here willing to help anyone out, but theres just some people that think there it.

anyway dont wanna cause waves.

also just to state somthing for the people who constantly go on about the SEARCH option.

IT DOESNT ALWAYS BRING UP WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR....

watch your wording bro, i believe you made a statement.

In terms of all this its not whether one thinks they top sh!t or what not, but rather its getting the correct perception of car and mods.

A simple CAI in proper terms can do lots to the power and torque curve.

Now, assuming that we're all familiar with the power and torque curves. i will now say this, torque is what gets you off the line, power is what propells you once rolling. (hence peak torque is usually around half of your engine's total revs, similarly, peak power near the "peak" hence the "high-end")

now that we've covered the basics, the way a person launches and drives the car could greatly affect the speed and the "feel" of the car, and also unless you put the side by side you can't go by "FEEL"

the size of the wheel and type of wheel the car runs also greatly affect launch, rolling and definitely the "kick" in "lift".

besides that, a simple ECU reset and the way you drive there after can make a world of different in both the 1ZZ and 2ZZ, they are not very different engines! keep in mine... the 2zz was designed based on the 1zz and hold many similar strengths and weaknesses.

ALSO!

the weight of the car by a seemingly small 20kg (a 12" sub in a box) could also mean a lost in performance. hence that's why comparing 2 cars can be difficult.

FURTHERMORE,

to achieve a smooth linear power curve is way more important than getting a "kick" from lift. In real life terms, peaky power might be fun, but they feel peaky most of the time is because you haven't been getting much out of your low end.

learn more, read more, drive more, and spend more...

and don't make statements untill you've done it yourself, being in one doesn't mean sh!t....

besides, i believe i have covered and answered all of the question newbes have asked without having a blast at them. prove me wrong otherwise.

peace.

ya wouldnt know it with some of the dudes on this site.

gotta say though there is alot of good people here willing to help anyone out, but theres just some people that think there it.

anyway dont wanna cause waves.

also just to state somthing for the people who constantly go on about the SEARCH option.

IT DOESNT ALWAYS BRING UP WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR....

watch your wording bro, i believe you made a statement.

In terms of all this its not whether one thinks they top sh!t or what not, but rather its getting the correct perception of car and mods.

A simple CAI in proper terms can do lots to the power and torque curve.

Now, assuming that we're all familiar with the power and torque curves. i will now say this, torque is what gets you off the line, power is what propells you once rolling. (hence peak torque is usually around half of your engine's total revs, similarly, peak power near the "peak" hence the "high-end")

now that we've covered the basics, the way a person launches and drives the car could greatly affect the speed and the "feel" of the car, and also unless you put the side by side you can't go by "FEEL"

the size of the wheel and type of wheel the car runs also greatly affect launch, rolling and definitely the "kick" in "lift".

besides that, a simple ECU reset and the way you drive there after can make a world of different in both the 1ZZ and 2ZZ, they are not very different engines! keep in mine... the 2zz was designed based on the 1zz and hold many similar strengths and weaknesses.

ALSO!

the weight of the car by a seemingly small 20kg (a 12" sub in a box) could also mean a lost in performance. hence that's why comparing 2 cars can be difficult.

FURTHERMORE,

to achieve a smooth linear power curve is way more important than getting a "kick" from lift. In real life terms, peaky power might be fun, but they feel peaky most of the time is because you haven't been getting much out of your low end.

learn more, read more, drive more, and spend more...

and don't make statements untill you've done it yourself, being in one doesn't mean sh!t....

besides, i believe i have covered and answered all of the question newbes have asked without having a blast at them. prove me wrong otherwise.

peace.

dude i agree with what you said in the post above what im P##s#d about is you and one of the other guys both had a dip at the dude that started this topic and told him to use the search engine. when i tried to give him any information i possibly could (right or wrong) you were quick to cut me down but ya couldntve just answered the dudes question to start with.

im not a mechanic

i just gave him any information i could to try and help him.

i only gave him information from many topics i had read here and from other sites and word of mouth.

i havnt got a problem with saying when im wrong which im guessing i was.

but if people like you who know all this information u should be helping people who ask these questions not having a go at them for asking and then when someone tries to help cut them down aswel.

isnt that what this site was started for????????

Kelvin you are in the sunny state of QLD.....which from last time I looked HAS THE MOST modified caorollas AROUND!!!!! IF one of us from thursday nights cant help you ......then gees i suppose you better talk to neil bates or toby @ meridian ;)

I agree with eddy_torrezz with his quote on

"i dont mind you guys having a dip but dont blow **** out of preportion. ya have a go for someone asking a question about somthing youve covered 100000 times then anyone who tries to give them some input ya shoot down in flames.

this site is supose to be helpful for people who have and want to know about toyotas. but lately it seems like its just to take ***** at people for asking genuine questions."

Hmm!!! seems like i am getting a buzz from you Craig.... I may not know so much as you guys with the 2zz but what i meant is do we need to fry someone when people start asking a question.

Before you start, look at how many post steinny72 have post------11..... unless he has got hundreds under his or her belt. I know it is essential to keep the forum neat and tidy.... but what if he doesn't know how to search.....do you mean please do not post on the forum??? We have moderators for a reason... yup!! i know you guys are not paid to upkeep the forum but you are chosen for the fact that you are active, knowledgeable, helpful, etc.

:D :D :D please do not fry me again :D :D :D

AGAIN a simple issue has snowballed yet again.

I too do wish that new people would do a search for older topics. :(

and as peekay has kindly pinned in BIG BOLD RED !!!! these topics have been delt with and are finished...no matter how you spin a question for the CAI it has been answered.

In regards to eddies comment ....... just make sure on your facts before you contribute so you dont get flamed :(

I will be endevouring shortly to write a 1zz/2zz FACT SHEET with the help of all of you to pin and post in all areas so as to stop this kind of thing happening again.

Stay cool

Sads

Hi,

I just wanted to know if I can install CAI on a automatic transmission? would it be advisable? thanks in advance.  :rolleyes:

jdc

Hi there!

i don't see why not! :D

i haven't really been or seen one with it, but i am planning to do it to the auto levin wagon that my old man drives! ;)

should sound awesome, and interesting to see the gains!

has anyone thought about where and how we get our information from BEFORE we had this many ppl? we were once newbies, too. but we did not have the luxury of sifting through info all at one place.

we had to do our own research, we had to take our own car apart, etc. we share the information around. it gets tiring to keep re-gurgitating the same stuff when it's all there amalgamated in one forum. u can't be spoonfed all the time.

so...

search.gif

Maybe off topic, but rotational physics defines power (hp, kW or ps, depending on your fancy) as torque x rpm.

There are certain limitations, such as valave float or airflow restriction at high rpm that limits power, but it can therefore be seen why power tends to increase with revs even though torque may be relatively flat.

Edited by oz_viking

• 1 month later...