new tyres 245/55/R19 - pricing so far

dissin

Ryanocer wrote:

Look into the Kumho tyres. We have had ours on now with 41000kms wear and still going strong. Should get around 60000kms. I think they are a bit cheaper than the Bridgestone tyres as well. Have a set of 265/40R/22's on which gives you a very smooth ride. Very little roll on cornering and the cars handles alot better. Worth changing to 22's but just watch your insurance if you do so. Otherwise I'm sure the 19's in the Kumhos would wear just as well. Great price you got on the Bridgestones but if you're not getting the mileage out of them shouldn't you be looking at other tyres?

What style Kumho for 19"

Edited by 2011 KX-S Cosmos Blue

Well, I have just bought some Falken tyres from my 2WD.

Being in the NT, the price and availability is pretty average, so I ebay'd a set from St George.

The UTQG rating is roughly the same as the Duelers, (I have 57k on them at the moment, and about 10k left in them) but having listened to a few owners in the US, they've found the Flaken to be as good, but quieter.

With a wet season coming in 5 months time, Ill know for sure wether they are as good.

US owners were generally dismayed with the 400HL Duelers, and as the Toyo Open Country's were also a factory fitted tyre in their part of the world, many of them were dismayed at the performance (low mileage) of them as well.

Problem with tyres and opinions of tyre performance is that theres no benchmark. Everyone drives differently, conditions, climate and variations make it hard to find a middle ground.

Even the date of manufacture can affect performance (you can check your date as its stamped on your tyre sidewall, typically 'XXXX2810' meaning the tyre was belted on the 28th Week of 2010. The 'X' will usually be letters.)

Anyway, I bought a tyre machine and a balancer, so I never have to bend over for Beau or Bob or those lebs in Sydney anymore :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi just got myself a set of "Continental Cross Contact UHP" from Eagle Tyres Granville

255 x 50 x 19 for speed rating 107Y my 2005 Kluger

$350 each and from what i have read its a really good tyre

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Continental/Cross-Contact-UHP.htm

yet to confirm the wear but apparently it was rated best SUV tyre in 2010

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2010-Auto-Zeitung-4x4-Tyre-Test.htm

hope this helps

Hi all,

I just changed mine 3 days ago, the whole set of 4 tyres, with the Yokohama Advan ST 255 55 R19 rated for 300 km/h. (Not that they ever gonna be used at that speed). I got them fitted and filled with nitrogen at Bob Jane T-Mart for $400 each. I read in the internet about those tyres being used in Porsche Cayennes.

So far I'm pretty happy with the riding, handling and low noise of the tyres. The look really nice as well as they are a bit wider than the Bridges. We'll see how long they last.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, kx-s 2009 model awd.

after 2 tyres 1 flat and a replacement for where

I am in sydney

checking around

bridgestone OEM's 245/55 19" appear around the $320 each up to $415 each.

toyo open country 245/55 19" around 260 mark

appears now

dunlop grandtrek pt2 come in our size 245/55 19"

cheapes for the bridge stones was $265 @ st george tyes in sydney other tyre shops said no way to match it

they said they were doing parallel imports of the tyres

any problems with that? warranty?

as I am only changing 2 tyres need to keep the standard size?

any feedback about the toyo open country or even the dunlop grandtreks?

otherwise will have to stick with the bridgestone's not impressed they lasted less than 50,000kms.

with rotation every 6 month service

thanks

• 1 month later...

Last week I put new Toyo Versado CUV tyres in the standard 245/55/19 size on our 2011 AWD KS-X.

So far I can report they are very quite and smooth to drive on.

Cost $370- ea.

The original Bridgestones lasted only 28K even kept at 38psi.

I'll run these at 40psi.

To all kluger owners. This is my experience so far.

First setup

My KXR running on OE Dunlop 245/65/17 H rating(210km/h).-All good except some body roll during conering.

Second setup

Bridgestone HL400 OE 245/55/19 S rating (180km/h) on Grande wheels to my horror the stopping distance is very bad(at least for me). I have to depress the brake more and harder to stop the vehicle. I can feel the car forcing forward as if no brakes. Not only me noticed that even my wife does. It's big different.

Third setup

20" CX9 wheels Bridgestone HL400 same pattern as Kluger 19s 245/50/20 but V rating(240km/h) is superb, braking same as original 17s.

Initially I thought it was bigger wheels causing longer stopping distance but then after some googling only to found out it was the speed rating. So keep an eye on speed rating before you get new set. I'm selling my 245/55/19 bridgie now.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, kx-s 2009 model awd.

after 2 tyres 1 flat and a replacement for where

I am in sydney

checking around

bridgestone OEM's 245/55 19" appear around the $320 each up to $415 each.

toyo open country 245/55 19" around 260 mark

appears now

dunlop grandtrek pt2 come in our size 245/55 19"

cheapes for the bridge stones was $265 @ st george tyes in sydney other tyre shops said no way to match it

they said they were doing parallel imports of the tyres

any problems with that? warranty?

as I am only changing 2 tyres need to keep the standard size?

any feedback about the toyo open country or even the dunlop grandtreks?

otherwise will have to stick with the bridgestone's not impressed they lasted less than 50,000kms.

with rotation every 6 month service

thanks

Ring Tempe Tyres for a quote. I bought 4x Kumho ( R17)- KL51 for $175 each fitted and balanced. $60 for alignment front and back. Tempe Tyres are a high volume dealer so their pricing is always good..

Good luck

Edited by John123

• 2 weeks later...

Original D400's only just lasted 40K.

Replaced with Falken ZE912 via Bob Jane, Ipswich with Nitro option at 40PSI and have done nearly 50K, found that they are still wearing unevenly on outside. Apparently caused by round-abouts.

Looking at JAX or Tyrepower next for sales and service and see if that makes a difference, considering 255/55/19 just trying to decide on make and model....

Considering a Cooper LTZ, but have only just found that Cooper do a 245/55R19 tyre, so will try this one out, http://coopertyres.com.au/index.php?page=tyres&tyre_id=3

Has anyone else tried this tyre?

• 2 months later...

I'm on Kumho Solus KL21 255/55/19. 10mm wider makes a diff. Much better handling than stock B/S D400. Good connering. Not so wobbly. and the car looks wider taller and bigger with wider tyres.

• 3 months later...

Anyone heard about or tried the GoodYear Efficient SUV tyres?

Supposedly the same tyres as on the Holden Craptiva.

$295 fitted at Beaurepaires

Other for the Bridgestone D400's the best price thus far is $329 fitted