HID headlights 2008 Corolla

Hey guys.

I am looking at finally getting HIDs for my 2008 Corolla.

Just want some suggestions on what ones to get and where from. Also some suggestions on what Temp gloves to go with would be great.

Thanks is advance

Edited by LukeB

haha i had 8000k low beams and 12000k foggies on mine, was so sick of not being able to see ANYTHING (foggies helped, but not much) that i changed my set up to 4300k low beams (apparently gives you the best vision) and 3000k foggies (i can actually see in the rain now!). I would suggest get anything between 4300k - 6000k. beyond 6000k just gives you worse vision compared to your standard halogen bulbs and are purely for cosmetics. depends on whether looks outweigh vision for you i guess :P

hey dude just wanted to let you know i can get hid kits for $140 :) they are awsome and so many of my mates have gotten them off me. they are 6000k really bright nice white with a hinge of blue and theyre the most legal u can do here in NSW. holler at me for a pair on 0412962364

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry for bringing up old thread, but I've got some questions regarding HIDs.

Previously used Philips Crystal Visions, nice and white, but terrible visibility during the rain than OEM bulbs.

Looking to get 4300K HID on lowbeams. My questions are:

1) I heard about how its illegal in NSW. Should i be worried? Dont wish to attract attention from the cops. and

2) I heard for HIDs to not blind everyone, it has to be fitted with Projectors?

I watched a video from Autoexpress (

)

said that lights dispersed from the bulbs would be scattered if fitted to standard headlamps.

I just want to have brighter lights than OEM bulbs and the same visibility it gives. And I want to make sure i do it properly and not blind everyone.

Thanks

Legal-ish if you have projectors, and you won't attract attention from the police if the bulbs are only 35w (55w is too blinding) and bulbs are not higher than 6000k.

Bulbs higher than 6000k are more blue. The higher the temperature, the worse it is at night or in the rain.

Legal-ish if you have projectors, and you won't attract attention from the police if the bulbs are only 35w (55w is too blinding) and bulbs are not higher than 6000k.

Bulbs higher than 6000k are more blue. The higher the temperature, the worse it is at night or in the rain.

Sweet, I guess ill be going for 35kw 4300K ones.

Thanks dwee! ^_^

Anyone know if you can get HID's with a greenish tinge? Ive seen them around, but ive also seen people put a green layer of transparent plastic over their headlights... :g: