snapped screw that holds one of my spark plugs :(

get "easy out" from a hardware store and u have to drill a hole in the screw. those things aren't meant to be super tight, just nip them up and it will hold. most people wouldnt have the right tools so go to a machinist to get it out.

what do you mean the screw that holds your spark plug in ?? you mean the actual spark plug snapped in ya engine head??

or the little 10mm bolt that holds your coil down that screws into your rocker cover ????

really? can u get vice grips onto it and twist it off?? or is it flush u cant grab it? id drill it out, but thats me ive done many before, i actually did one the other day, except different car, it was screwed had to drill a bigger hole and tap a bigger thread...

As suggested above, an easy-out is probably the best choice, however if the easy out were to break, it would make things a whole lot worse.

What could be a good avenue to go down is a mobile bolt removal guy... they do it all day everyday and are usually top blokes .. can cost a little bit more than a set of decent easy outs but good for peace of mind...

What could be a good avenue to go down is a mobile bolt removal guy... they do it all day everyday and are usually top blokes .. can cost a little bit more than a set of decent easy outs but good for peace of mind...

^This. Try and find one that the dealerships use too, since you can often organise to catch them on the way back from another job (as they're always out and about fixing up f*ckups from apprentices) and thus avoid the call-out fee...

^This. Try and find one that the dealerships use too, since you can often organise to catch them on the way back from another job (as they're always out and about fixing up f*ckups from apprentices) and thus avoid the call-out fee...

We get thread repair guys to my dealership all the time, unfortunately u will still have to pay call out fee.. Getting bolts out and repairing threads puts food on his table for his kids !

We get thread repair guys to my dealership all the time, unfortunately u will still have to pay call out fee.. Getting bolts out and repairing threads puts food on his table for his kids !

I must have jagged a good one then. Snapped a bolt on the water outlet on the end of the head on a 4AGE, thread doctor who works for the dealerships in the area came by on the way home from a run, drilled out the old bolt (with a wonderful 90-degree drill, which was awesome considering it'd be next to impossible to get a standard cordless into the area), bored and heli-coiled the bottom hole and re-tapped the top hole, all for a measly $70 including labour, which would have been about 1/2-3/4hr.

I must have jagged a good one then. Snapped a bolt on the water outlet on the end of the head on a 4AGE, thread doctor who works for the dealerships in the area came by on the way home from a run, drilled out the old bolt (with a wonderful 90-degree drill, which was awesome considering it'd be next to impossible to get a standard cordless into the area), bored and heli-coiled the bottom hole and re-tapped the top hole, all for a measly $70 including labour, which would have been about 1/2-3/4hr.

Some of the tools and ideas they pull out of their hat aye

Would be an excellent way of over equipping your tool chest with stuff just thinking that "one day i'll use that" cause I do that everytime i go out to Bunnings haha