Toyota Genuine Slimline Weathershields

TRD340

Weather shields perform a great function …. They make heaps of wind noise!!!! When I bought my second hand 2008 Aurion they had been installed, I was amazed at how quiet the car was after removing them.

wind noise?? i haven't noticed

• 1 month later...

I noticed a lot of wind noise but thought it was just the car as I had the weather shields fitted before I took delivery of the car so didn't know any different, then I got sick of it being so loud and had a closer look, Toyota had not fitted them properly and the drivers side one was sitting on top of the where the mirror meets the door and the wind was getting in under it, they replaced them under warranty and I did notice a big difference. I imagine the slimline ones would produce less noise not sticking out as far as the regular ones.

• 11 months later...

After much thought and having asked around a bit on how to remove them, I bit the bullet and decided to remove the weathershields from my Aurion today. It was about a 20 - 30 minute job, taking care not to break or damage anything.

They were on the car when I bought it and are original Toyota ones. I'm pretty sure they are the same as the weathershields on SATORI893's Aurion.

Most of the double sided tape came off the car, leaving behind some residue and a bit of tape.

Is scotch 700 adhesive cleaner easy to get hold of; or can anyone recommend something else that can do the same job?

I just found that I wasn't really getting any benefit from the weathershields as I rarely drive with the windows down.

They did seem to create some noise when driving at higher speed and in theory make the car slightly less aerodynamic (though I am NOT expecting any change/difference in fuel consumption; hehe).

Perhaps the one benefit that I was finding with the weathershields is feeling more confident in being able to leave the windows open an inch or so in hot weather or when parked at home and letting the interior get some air or cool down in the heat.

Edited by prometheus