Mesh rims for stivo?

hi guys

ive seen a few stivos around with those mesh rims but im not sure what brand they are?

alot of them are bbs copies.

im looking for the ones that are probably 16x7.5 or 8 but have no clue who make them.

ive seen a few photos of other cars in the sexy stance thread.

cheers

• 3 months later...

hey mate you should give a crack on the xxr521's or seaerch up ROTA they have a large range or mesh wheels and very nice looking replicas

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know wats the widest 16" rim that will fit under a 03 stivo ? 16x10 will that b too wide ?

16x10 will be too wide,

if you do a search, there should be a thread about this already, i think on Evos sportivo hes sittin on 16x8s?

531651_477420078937941_2950281_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

they'll stick out a lot.

measure/read the width/offset of your current rims, then plug the figures into this site: http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Eg, if you're currently running a +45 6" rim, and go to a +15 8" rim, the rim face will stick out a further 55mm.

A +35 7" rim is a nice fit on the ZZE's, you can corner as hard as you want without chewing the tyre up on the guards etc

+35 is too train-spec, but at least its practical...

IMO the most people should go with offset on a ZZE is a +25 to +20 offset, with an 8" rim. This will give you flush or very close to flush with the guards.

If you want to push the limits of fitting properly under, then choose lower then these. Ie +15. But it will be pretty mexican :P guards need to be played with to get it to fit.

16x9 15+ rear and 16x7.5 20+ front. with pumped & rolled front and rear guards. mind you the front's have camber bolts installed, so theres 1.75 degrees negative camber in these shots, not truly reprasentative of how they will sit without camber, but from memory they were exceeding the guards by atleast 15mm without pumping them..

20120626090531.jpg20120626090517.jpg20120626090507.jpg

Edited by gti_rsi

that was one of the constant fears i had, driven past and next to police multiple times like that and never got a single glance surprisingly. but i have since taken the rims off and are now for sale. the guards were pumped as much as possible without damaging paintwork or warping the guards, only other option was to pull the lip out and remold it/repaint it. i wasn't prepared for that, that and the fact that coilovers still wouldnt have lowered it as much as i planned. sdo i scrapped this whole idea all together.

heres a pic without the rolling and flaring to compare the true look of offset/poke oin a stock sportivo.

20120526122919.jpg

i just worked with what i had at the time, wasn't too fussed with how well they stretched or whatever, i just needed some stretch to stop the guard from peeling off tread :P i only had king superlows at the time witha whiteline 22m rear swaybar to try and combat the body roll. had planned coilovers but like i previously stated i gave up when i realised it wasn't going to be how i wanted it to be. that and the fact i realised i wanted turbo again.

Edited by gti_rsi

hey gti,

I added yours to the ZZE FAQ, even though you have removed them, its still good to have examples of different wheels and styles people can have on their cars.

And just turbo the Sportivo hahaha lol :P

hey gti,

I added yours to the ZZE FAQ, even though you have removed them, its still good to have examples of different wheels and styles people can have on their cars.

And just turbo the Sportivo hahaha lol :P

i don't recall removing any photo's i uploaded on here? i remember uploading quite a few to the other wide wheel thread that's floating around here, will have to check out the faq now. can upload more if you want?