can the Aurion read DATA burnt DVD's for audio?

wilbur94

Hi guys,

I was wondering can the Aurion read DVD - R disks on the factory satnav unit? I would like to burn audio files onto the disk in a DATA way then being a audio disk. What I mean is at the moment I burn onto CD-R in iTunes therefor I can have 700MB and around 100 tracks on a single disk. iTunes gives the option to burn to a DVD and if you think about it a DVD is 4.7GB there for I could have 4.7GB of music around 1000 tracks I could have on a single DVD disk.

Thanks guys

Wilbur

Music DVD Creator is an innovative utility for you to personalize your own music DVD. It allows you to convert all separate audio file (CD, MP3, WMA, WMV, etc) into DVD format; to rip all audio track from video file with audio contained in; to specify recorded audio file as input; to burn your favorite music into DVD-R/RW disc or output to hard disk.

Music DVD Creator v1.0

Goland Audio DVD Creator 1.9.0.0

I have used Goland Audio DVD Creator for the home dvd player , which worked , Not sure about the car ??

only downside is no random option

cheers

Mick

Edited by m999999

^ And the admin control panel on this forum is a useful utility to block spambots.

I'll give you benefit of the doubt because your account has been used legitimately before, but I'm going to keep an eye on you in case your account has been taken over.

Edit: That looks about right now.

The factory satnav accepts CDs only, not DVDs. The DVD slot is for map discs only.

It can play mp3 files though, so by burning a Data CD you should be able to get more than 100 songs onto a disc (depending on bitrate etc)

Just would have been great to have thousands of songs on the one disk then having a thousand CDs floating around the car

Have a look at the MultimediaLinq. Got one of these for the wife's Hybrid Camry (with factory nav), works a treat.

edit: oh, Advanced Ice sell them.

Edited by pinzvidz

I actually had one of those - they did work well, but IMHO it's throwing money away spending it on upgrades for the factory satnav.

The satnav is limited in its capabilities, even with these modules. Further map upgrades from Toyota cost a small fortune as well.

It's more economical to ditch the factory satnav and find something in the aftermarket to suit your taste