Sportivo cross country

Haha as title states, who thinks the sportivo will make it cross country 4,000km, 41 hour drive.. It revs at 4k @ 120 so ? Lol never driven it past the snow fields at nsw-Vic boarder from syd which is 5 hours....

It's a one way drive its not coming back..

Ideas on preps and stuff for the 2zz is most welcome. Thanx in advance!!

Edited by 123R-Prozak

ah man i wanna do something like that 2. wanted to drive to melb to sus out the meet. im kinda worried the car will die on the way there or back..

i would definetely be running the stock air box and a good panel filter and not a cai and pod. never know what water/dirt/bugs you will suck up on this trip with a low hanging cai. you can easily clean the crap out of your panel filter at a stop when its full of bugs at least haha

lolwut? hitting lift in 6th gear? :D u wold be absolutely stupid to break it a second time LAWL

It's already happened twice haha

Um I think I'll be leaving the cai on, 6th gear lift lol I've tried but i think from memory it just? Makes it in lift, won't go over 220? Memory is fuzzy it was a whole ago lol I've slowed down

• 3 weeks later...

I don't see any reason why you can't just get in and drive it. Whats the difference between doing 4000 kms in 40 hours or 40 days? If anything, the 40 hour trip would cause less wear because there would be no cold starts. I read somewhere that a 2zzge is rated to do 4000 rpm continuously.

I'd rather put those miles on my car at 100-120 km/h than at 0-40 km/h in rush hour traffic.

i'd say it's abit silly if toyota designed thier motor and gearbox to sit at roughly 4k at 120kph if there was any risk of internal damage with extended periods of use at those rpm's. toyota are alot smarter then that.

Above comment is true. I'm In Sydney now n I drove almost non stop from Melbourne to Sydney. I was sitting on 3.5 to 4k rpm for at least 5 hours straight. Dow mate I think I read somewhere that the 2zz could sit on 4k rpm for a few hours with no problems at all. I'll link u when I find it :)

i bought my sportivo in bris, drove to Darwin after basic tune up, 15 hour day drives in 30 degree plus tempretures, 3425km spred across 3 days. no drama's at all. recently did darwin to kunnanurra (800kmish) in 7hrs, again no drama's, lot hotter up here and my stivo loves roadtrips. On the bris- darwin road trip, if i remember correctly (it was a while ago now) i acctually got close to 850km out of a tank.

melb to sydney this time i dunno what happened, but my car started konking at 750kms. i remembered i got ALOT more mileage out of the car 1 year ago... do u have any mods on your car mate? if i remember correctly, it was in the mid 6L/100kms

I've got TRD CAI, apart from that just koni's, kings, and whiteline sway bars. deffinately a fun drive, done it a few times in a few different cars now. freedom of open roads... unfortunatly the gov. took our unlimited speed limit off the stuart hiway, only 130km/h now.

yeah i heard that.... sucks to have a speed limit on that highway. wasnt the reason because someone from an organised event smashed and died on that highway? that was pretty dumb considering it was probably a one off thing. and no exhaust? i was thinking maybe my new spoiler would cause a bit of drag. that and maybe my spark plugs need replacing... almost 100,000kms on that now...

I'm planning to take my Corolla from Adelaide to Melbourne at the end of the year for a two week holiday, then driving home again. Looking forward to it, especially with cruise control.