need help: transfering car interstate without rego or rwc

hey guys

i found a really nice car, however its got no rego or rwc and its in victoria and i live in qld

just wondering what i have to do to bring it qld so i can register it. i would be goin through nsw as well during the process

i dont wanna tow or have the car transported

any help would be appreciated

erm, in vic, i forgot what its called, you can get a temporary rego thing that lasts for a day or more depending on how much you pay for it,

you have to get the vehicle towed if it does not have rego.

Negative.

http://www.tmr.qld.g...d-vehicles.aspx

Travelling interstate

When moving a vehicle from interstate to Queensland, an unregistered vehicle permit must be issued by the state or territory where the journey starts. A new permit must be obtained from the interstate authority if a vehicle has been moved from Queensland to another state and is being returned to Queensland. All states and territories (other than Western Australia) recognise unregistered vehicle permits issued interstate. This means that a vehicle may travel through other states and territories (other than Western Australia) with a Queensland-issued permit.

And then from VicRoads:

http://www.vicroads....hiclePermit.htm

Interstate use

You can drive interstate with an Unregistered Vehicle Permit if this condition is specified on your permit.

UVPs are intended to cover situations such as:

- Moving a vehicle from place to place on a one-off basis

Vehicles may only be driven in daytime between sunrise and sunset. The permit allows a vehicle to be used outside these hours for the following purposes:

- where a construction vehicle is working in a floodlit area, or within an area closed off to normal traffic, or where the construction vehicle is fitted with required lighting for night operation; or

- where a vehicle is collected from the place of purchase to be driven to the residence of the owner or the garaged address nominated on the permit;

- for single journeys where specified on the permit form.

you have to get the vehicle towed if it does not have rego.

Negative.

http://www.tmr.qld.g...d-vehicles.aspx

Travelling interstate

When moving a vehicle from interstate to Queensland, an unregistered vehicle permit must be issued by the state or territory where the journey starts. A new permit must be obtained from the interstate authority if a vehicle has been moved from Queensland to another state and is being returned to Queensland. All states and territories (other than Western Australia) recognise unregistered vehicle permits issued interstate. This means that a vehicle may travel through other states and territories (other than Western Australia) with a Queensland-issued permit.

Thanks Daryl. Learnt something new here :)

Thanks Daryl. Learnt something new here :)

No worries. Was researching these options before buying my car because a car carrier was not as cheap as you'd think when comparing to the cost of fuel. Luckily when i got mine, the owner was nice enough to let me keep the registration until I got home to transfer it.

Sorry if this puts a dampen on it, but you won't be able to get insuramce on the vehilce as it is unregistered, even though you may have a "Unregistered Permit". Are yo prepared to drive in 3 States without insurance and possibly attract law enforcement as there will be no number plates displayed.

Edited by Ozzcaddy

Personally for what I know from NSW RTA where I used to work, Traders Plates were for Dealers, so that new cars could be driven for testing (unless registered) by prospective owners or to the RTA Motor Registry.

The cost of the permit includes compulsory third party cover for the period the permit is valid for. You don't need plates, just the permit stuck on your windscreen.

The cost of the permit includes compulsory third party cover for the period the permit is valid for. You don't need plates, just the permit stuck on your windscreen.

I think what Ozzcaddy is referring to is your typical comprehensive/fire, theft & third party insurance from someone like AAMI, etc. Should you hit some wildlife or another car, even if it's their fault, no insurance means you will have to cover all repairs.

That would be CTP Insurance for any person injured if in a accident. It is not comprehensive or third party insurance.

I think what Ozzcaddy is referring to is your typical comprehensive/fire, theft & third party insurance from someone like AAMI, etc. Should you hit some wildlife or another car, even if it's their fault, no insurance means you will have to cover all repairs.

Exactly DJKOR.