Head unit is a dud

Heino

Bought a head unit this week from this website:

http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specific-Car-GPS/D5116.html

Install was fairly easy and all wires are connected. Only thing working is the radio. Issues are:

1. GPS - sofware not installed, although I paid for it

2. Bluetooth - does not connect to my I -phone 4, which worked well with the stock unit

3. Reverse camera - does not come on

All wires are connected. I contacted the supplier but no response. I might have to go back to the stock unit and just get rid of this aftermarket piece of junk.

It seems to be a common story.

All these aftermarket units seem to turn out being dud's and just don't work as described!

I've done quality and non quality installs & for the money i have wasted on my car, i now am for ever deciding to go with a reputable installer for the parts and labor!

I currently have the Easydeals Head Unit installed, works but with bugs/issues ( none of which have been fixed even tho they have tried )

Recomendation - Get JVC / Pioneer / Alpine or whatever tickles your fancy for a headunit + something like this - http://fascias.com.a...products_id=113

I think it's always better to buy something that you know will work or at least has a warranty, most the time cheap goods are exactly that, cheap.

How did you pay,credit card, paypal? It might be worth telling the place who you bought it from that you want your money back, if they don't do it get on to your bank or Paypal and tell them that you were sold faulty goods, they might be able to help get your money back.

Bought a head unit this week from this website:

http://www.eonon.com...-GPS/D5116.html

Install was fairly easy and all wires are connected. Only thing working is the radio. Issues are:

1. GPS - sofware not installed, although I paid for it

2. Bluetooth - does not connect to my I -phone 4, which worked well with the stock unit

3. Reverse camera - does not come on

All wires are connected. I contacted the supplier but no response. I might have to go back to the stock unit and just get rid of this aftermarket piece of junk.

I'm not very familiar with the Eonon unit, but the best advice I can give below works for the majority of units

1. The GPS software is actually on an SD card that should have come with the unit. Without inserting it into the GPS slot it will act like you don't have the software installed

2. Bluetooth issues are fairly unit specific so I can't really offer any advice with this one

3. The reverse camera not coming on usually means a wire was left unconnected. Some work simply by having the camera turn on (ie the camera gets its power from your reverse lights), others also need a reverse light wire connected to the back of the unit to tell it you're now in reverse. I suggest double checking the wiring diagrams and how you have everything connected

Thanks for the feedback. I did go via PayPal and lodged a claim via them. The supplier just does not respond to emails.

As the installation process is easy and I have done it once, I will ust put the original unit back.

I installed a Extnix head unit today (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330730279642&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:AU:3160)

....Not impressed! Theirs quite a large gap between the headunit and the air vents. I'm not sure if its because I've installed it incorrectly or not, but it looks ******* house!

these chinese units are dodgey, in the end i forked out the extra cash and bought a 2nd hand genuine unit, installed it with all the accessories and i couldn't be happier. I spent twice the amount of cash for a unit that is 100 times better.

So I've spent 2 days straight now trying to fit this blasted headunit in with the air vents. I'm at my wits end, simply cant get it, the closest I can get is about a 5mm gap. Something must be wrong here....

img1348gr.jpg

Edited by rawso

Driving to work tonight for the first time with this headunit in..... So disapointed with it. The tuner in it sucks. Its worse than the original by a long way.

Lesson learnt. Dont buy cheap s hit.

Thanks mate.

Debating whether or not I go with a genuine sat-nav unit, the pioneer Avic-F40BT or a more expensive aftermarket Chinese one such as this - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7-TOYOTA-CAMRY-AURION-Navigation-Multimedia-System-GPS-DVD-BT-IPOD-USB-RADIO-/150813251996?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item231d2b999c

Hmmmmmm!!

I had a pioneer before you need to fill the gaps on the side ,don't touch any after market units here all crap .

not true. i've had the digoptions one now for nearly 2 years, perfect fit and all still works great.