Chinese 4x4's

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0...1783784,00.html

The first Chinese car to be sold in Europe has scored zero — the worst-ever score — in safety tests.

http://www.anwb.nl/published/anwbcms/conte...nd-1-467150.wmv

http://www.anwb.nl/published/anwbcms/conte...nd-2-467165.wmv

you really have to wonder sometimes...

saw this on clubrsx.....thats sum crazy n scary shizzles.....

y cant the CHINAese produce n e thing thats decent :(

funny you should say that

China probably develope 70% of the things you use every day... guess what.. the japs do too. You buy something from japan such as a camera you can guarentee alot of it was moulded in china... the japanese just add their technology to it.

China just have to establish themselves in the car market and learn from their mistakes. But they will be big in the future i can tell you.

In fact the americans dont build such safe cars either.

hahahha!!! Northy... Be nice!!!

Well the americans are pretty crap too, i did a case study on Ford and they release a car called the Pinza or something. The car was pratically a scam for quick cash, nice dressed car with no safety qualitys what so ever. Ford also tried to reduce the cost of the production of the car and actually made the fuel tank thinner. Funny things was in their budget they actually put a cost for customer deathsand lives, and how much they would get sued for. From memory alot of people died driving the pinza minor accidents would cause the fuel tank to explode people got roasted in their cars.

I guess its all about quality control and learning from past mistakes, but im sure China will get there oneday with beter quality.

Cheers all :D :P

but with japenese products there would be a much higher quality control cos those big brands (like sony) dont want their names spoiled by some crappy chinese factory...

you should do some research.. the "crappy chinese" factory you mention are thats where most of the componants in sony gear is made... its only the elecronics (which some of the electronic componants are made in China) are then put togethr by japanase factories.

If i said to you go and have a look at where all the products are made in your home you would see that you have purchased so called "crappy chinese" made products. I bet even the shirt on your back is made in china.

Also isnt china now the second most powerful economy in the world? (or getting there very quickly) America being the first.. i can bet you China will soon be the most powerfull country in the world.. afterall they are buying out alot of the large banks in the USA.

So, i reckon before slating chinese made products (not saying all is good as there is some crap floating around) I would research actually how big the chinese industry is.. you will be highly suprised.

Japan is too small to have such a enourmous industry making plastics and electronics products... its all imported in!!

saw a Chinese program saying that they did the safty test on the same car and the result is satisfactory. they said that someone just wanted to hit Chinese automotive industry's reputation and stop them entering into european market... don't know if we should believe, but I won't buy any china made cars, at least in 8 or 10 years time. no matter how cheap they are.

but with japenese products there would be a much higher quality control cos those big brands (like sony) dont want their names spoiled by some crappy chinese factory...

you should do some research.. the "crappy chinese" factory you mention are thats where most of the componants in sony gear is made... its only the elecronics (which some of the electronic componants are made in China) are then put togethr by japanase factories.

If i said to you go and have a look at where all the products are made in your home you would see that you have purchased so called "crappy chinese" made products. I bet even the shirt on your back is made in china.

Also isnt china now the second most powerful economy in the world? (or getting there very quickly) America being the first.. i can bet you China will soon be the most powerfull country in the world.. afterall they are buying out alot of the large banks in the USA.

So, i reckon before slating chinese made products (not saying all is good as there is some crap floating around) I would research actually how big the chinese industry is.. you will be highly suprised.

Japan is too small to have such a enourmous industry making plastics and electronics products... its all imported in!!

Steve I see the point you are raising re: the economy etc and while there is merit in it, the liklihood of you doing something potentialy fatal with a Sony TV as opposed to in a vehicle is relatively slim. No matter how good they make TV's and white good componants I don't see the direct reference to the context of poor safety standards on vehicles.