04-05 camry odd sound

perthcamry

hmm....ive never had any noise like that in my car before :blink:

either its a water bottle you have in your car :P

or it might be your washer fluid sloshing around...

My car had this sound when it was new. Just after a few weeks, no more noise. :lol:

But other noise come up, from the sun roof, roof, dashboard, door...... noise everywhere!!

Even got fixed by the dealer, noise still keep going!!! :angry:

Edited by cocacola

• 4 months later...

Either that or could it be the coolant?..

I know when I got mine, the coolant used to squirt out all around the engine bay..

So I went nuts at the guys at toyota, and I was like, "why do you have the outlet pointing towards the car?.. so it can go all over the engine!?"... but I guess if they aimed it the other way would go all over the paint, so just as bad.. they should have made a pipe leading down to the bottom tray of the car..

Anyways, I would imagine the noise could be either the Radiator fluid, or the washer fluid at the front...

Although my Aircon REAKS when I turn it off... smells all moldy.... it's only 2 years old, but done it since I got the car... I haven't quizzed toyota bought it, but they would probably say it's supposed to do it!?! :blink:

• 2 years later...
Did u find out wt the really problem was? coz i got same noise as u

All I can think of is that it's the coolant from your hot water lines sloshing around inside your dash. I get the same thing on my car (Paseo), although I haven't been able to pinpoint it yet. It would make sense - water lines are pretty much where the noise comes from, it's the only fluid near that area, etc.

is it a really matter thing? coz i went to mechancial last time, they could not find out wt the problem was, they just took the belt out, and the noize stopped. if it needs to fix, does it cost lot?

the noize only happened after the car has been warmed up for 30 mins. And when the weather is hot, like more than 30'c, the noize just came out after 10 mins driving.