Kangaroos...

ZR6 P Plater

Thats rotten luck jamie, those bloody kangaroos can make a mess of cars, my uncles been in the same situation with his aurion,as long as everyones all right and no one got hurt, except that bloody roo, hopefully you get the aurion fixed up properly and she back on the road again, hope everything goes good for you.

Not as bad as yours obviously.. but this just happened to me last night. zzzzz a tow truck swiped me while i was parked on the nature strip :/ the guys excess is $2.2k LOL!! Police had to be called because he became abusive and was refusing to give details. As if anyone would say "I hit your car, what the f*** are you gonna do about it mate?" :/

post-19140-0-09353400-1346510999_thumb.j

wow $2.2k excess!!!??? GG for that guy! Yer those bastards tend to boss their way about. I remember my Mazda got totalled by a merc AMG C63 around a wide bend when i parked it outside my house, both cars got totalled lol. Funny thing was the Merc got more damaged than my parked Mazda3. Anyways the insurance decided to write it off, I didn't mind because it was nowhere near a write off, otherwise I would never have gotten my Aurion baby! (ok back to the point)

So 3 tow truckies from 3 different companies came. One came early and picked up the C63, the other 2 arrived about the same time. Boy was it funny? They were fighting over to tow my car and it got outta hands. First it was just an excahnge of words of who got there first, then it became a little push and shove and almost broke into a fight. Luckily the cops arrived and sorted it out. One of them came to pressure me, saying that I better watch who to choose to tow my car. TBH I don't give a flying ****** about my totalled Mazda3 anymore so why come mess with me. I told them to ****** themselves and let the coppers sort it out. Boy were they ripping into the coppers. Eventually I just told the cops that the nicer tow truckie who didnt harass me came first so I went along for the ride with him. He told me some amazing stories about tow truck business and man, it ain't a soft business like we all think it is. It's pretty damn rough. I'll share that with you guys another time ;)

( Btw the C63 driver told the cops he had a sudden mind blank and blacked out for a few seconds and by the time he woke up it was too late to save his car and mine. Sure I believe hime, NOT! )

From this. to this...

Bugger.

Did any of your airbags go off?

Don't stress too much about the car. Cars can be fixed and replaced.

As long as you and your occupants are ok and come out of it unharmed is the main thing.

You just have to put things into perspective.

Cheers

From this. to this...

Hate to ask under the circumstances mate, is it just the camera or do those DRLs appear to look like a single straight beam in the dark? Also where did you get them? Are they self adheasive LED strips that you modified yourself? Are they just stuck to the front of the headlamp?

Sorry to see your car that way, hope it's fixable and no-one was injured.

Edited by SATORI893

From this. to this...

Hate to ask under the circumstances mate, is it just the camera or do those DRLs appear to look like a single straight beam in the dark? Also where did you get them? Are they self adheasive LED strips that you modified yourself? Are they just stuck to the front of the headlamp?

Sorry to see your car that way, hope it's fixable and no-one was injured.

Just single LED strips (that I bought from Autobarn) with the tape it came with - had them on for about a year wired to ignition, were still going strong.

Cars getting fixed, should be done end of this week!

Geez, and I'm off to Kalgoorlie on Friday and also going to go have a look-see at Lake Ballard, about 51km unsealed gravel road from Menzies.

Hmm....

Perth - Kalgoorlie - Menzies - Lake Ballard - Sandstone - Leinster - Leonora - Menzies - Kalgoorlie - Perth over 3 days, 2 nights is the plan. Maybe even a side trip to Ora Banda if there's time.

Gotta keep my eyes peeled then.

Edited by Beep Beep

I'm doing Townsville to Cairns and back next Tuesday,the return trip back will be around 4.30 so won't get back to Townsville till after 8pm, only have to drive out about 20 minutes and you can see them dead on the side of the road. Will be watching the road, on the way back especially.

That's well farked mate! Now you have just reminded me about my upcoming trip north to Lancelin this friday! i may as well watch out for kangaroos!

Hey DeafDave76, everytime I went up to Lancelin I always stopped over at LJ's Fish & Chips and have their fisherman's basket. Very generous portions and nicely fried not drowned in oil like a lot of places. Biggest damn battered scallops, oysters and mussels I ever sawed! This was a few years ago though. Not even sure if they're still in business anymore.

From memory, you should be right re: Kangaroos. At one stage I was going up and down that way once a week and I never saw any roos/emus. Plenty of foxes though.

Edited by Beep Beep

Hey DeafDave76, everytime I went up to Lancelin I always stopped over at LJ's Fish & Chips and have their fisherman's basket. Very generous portions and nicely fried not drowned in oil like a lot of places. Biggest damn battered scallops, oysters and mussels I ever sawed! This was a few years ago though. Not even sure if they're still in business anymore.

From memory, you should be right re: Kangaroos. At one stage I was going up and down that way once a week and I never saw any roos/emus. Plenty of foxes though.

Hmm the funny thing is the last time I went to Lancelin was way way back in 1998! Back then it was just a few shanties and some houses with just one fish and chips shop (which I think is the same one you are talking about) and a pub and a motel and small deli. When I looked at Google Map the other day to plan my route, I was like WTF? They went from that to what it is now. Now it has a major shopping centre but on smaller scale (think either coles or woolies), have another pub and 3 different resorts. The motel isn't there anymore. I think the 2nd pub replaced that motel i stayed at. There are more houses this time and no shanties left.

Yeah you are right about foxes. That much I remember seeing a lot of them dead ones on Wanneroo Rd. I can't recall seeing emus LOL.