Catback Exhaust Melbourne

I've helped them sell a few exhaust systems to genuine Corolla enthusiasts. :)

and again?

So am i not a GENUINE corolla enthusiast? merely as i cant afford a CES system?

save.... im a full time student that works 2 days a week for a meazily 150 cash.. so pffffffft.. :blink:

thats not the point im trying to make...

cost isnt an issue...

just the general attitude of not being serious about my car purely because i am in no way interested in the CES system

p.s. if you wanna talk about how much you earn and saving... ffs try being an apprentice, working 40hrs a week and bringing home $180... (thank *** im past all that now)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... so how much is a CES system and what are the average gains that we have seen on it? Is it just a catback or does it include some kind of header as well? Whilst I understand that the boys at CES and Silva have done their R&D work on it. I'm sure that a little more openness wouldn't hurt. I mean if the secret is in the muffler or the magic bends or resonator then can't we put that it uses XXX piping with a magically designed XXX that makes it special? I'm sure it doesn't take away from the fact that is it a good system made with love and care from the boys up in Brissy.

P.s. Flame away, but I would seriously consider getting one if I had the money. But at the moment I'm still trying to save up a few more bucks (literally) to buy Blue_Stivo's stivo catback from him.

you are nieve if you think that a place like CES is gonna give up all the details of there exhuast after putting in the R&D work, go to your local hi-end exhaust shop and ask them for all the detials on one of there own systems, dont be surprised when they tell you jack ****, CES systems start from just under $1,000, if you all things like 100% S'Steel and S'Steel tips you are getting up to the $1,200 mark.

I've helped them sell a few exhaust systems to genuine Corolla enthusiasts. :)

and again?

So am i not a GENUINE corolla enthusiast? merely as i cant afford a CES system?

save.... im a full time student that works 2 days a week for a meazily 150 cash.. so pffffffft.. :blink:

If you want it then you'll save for it just as Sportiv did. And now he does the dance of joy..... :P

I by no way meant that because you can't afford a CES system that you aren't an enthusiast. I prolly should of worded it a little better in saying that those here who are serious about performance gains(ie doing intake, exhaust,ecu upgrade etc etc) and spending money to make their rides a quick bit of gear are all using CES systems due to the performance increase and the "synergy" they provide between the exhaust system, intake and ECU. Those who have made great gains have used a CES system combined with say TRD CAI etc etc. Some have made gains with other exhausts but the people i regard as the stivo hypo modders are using this system(aka Northy,Danthuyer, Xoom,Screaminrolla and the like) :D

By the way Danz I'm beginning to find a likening to using your phrase "synergy" ;) ;)

Hi.

I'm looking to get a cat back exhaust and its difficult to find one that

you can simply buy and bolt on.

So what I want to know is, is there one you can buy and bolt on?

or where is the best place to get a custom cat back exhaust in stainless steel?

I'm looking at something reasonbly priced and good quality, nothing too ridiculous like a huge cannonball.

Blast from the past.

Yes, there is! A set-up similar to the TRD/Brash Brothers/CES system, when it comes down to it; and R&D research; who cares, its just a quality built pipe!

Talking to a few exhaust places, they claim that our set up is very good and efficient, and the only thing that you should do is get a more free-flowing/performance based catalyct converters. Apart from that, the rest is looks and noise.

Hi.

I'm looking to get a cat back exhaust and its difficult to find one that

you can simply buy and bolt on.

So what I want to know is, is there one you can buy and bolt on?

or where is the best place to get a custom cat back exhaust in stainless steel?

I'm looking at something reasonbly priced and good quality, nothing too ridiculous like a huge cannonball.

Blast from the past.

Yes, there is! A set-up similar to the TRD/Brash Brothers/CES system, when it comes down to it; and R&D research; who cares, its just a quality built pipe!

Talking to a few exhaust places, they claim that our set up is very good and efficient, and the only thing that you should do is get a more free-flowing/performance based catalyct converters. Apart from that, the rest is looks and noise.

I had that too mate, they look at me like wtf would you wanna swap this system, most of them cant believe how good it is for stock.

Did I hear a Vtec noise in here?? :D :P

Anyways guys this is just a thread about getting an exhaust not about whether CES exhaust are better or how much you can get an exhaust for or what its worth.

So suggestions I have so far are CES Exhaust or Daalder exhaust....

Anyways guys this is just a thread about getting an exhaust not about whether CES exhaust are better or how much you can get an exhaust for or what its worth.

So suggestions I have so far are CES Exhaust or Daalder exhaust....

Opps... Well, you can pm bigbum, some exhaust place his mates run did a nice custom job for him.

I think that only till someone on this forum puts on an exhaust that can do all that the CES exhaust can do (whatever that is), and for last than what you'll pay for the CES, We will always be arguing about whether the CES system is worth the $$$ or not.

All this talk about it is possible to do an exhaust that's as good as CES for cheaper, will remain as "claims" until someone actually goes and does it.

So anyone up to it? :P :P :P

the one Influx and xTiGeRx have/had is equil to the task, but I wouldn't claim better... and is cheaper... but I'm not starting an arguement about that again...

XtigerX's car is a lot noiser than the CES unit though. I have heard Danthuyers and Tj's car (I fiited his intake) and I must admit the CES one did sound alot better. Sorry TJ.

Hey look, an argument and I haven't had a go yet.... :P

Lucio, you may not like the CES or see it's value, and that is your opinion hey. I think the point that Brennden & Northy are making is that if you want a good quality performance system, and don't mind spending the money, then the CES is something that you should consider.

I have absolutley no doubt in my mind that there is prolly bugger all in the way of materials as far as costs are concerned, however Trevor from CES has spent a bit of time playing around with Brennden's car to get the thing just right. Thats where the money comes in. Again, if you don't want to spend $1k+ then don't.

As Sportiv said, he saved his bikkies and bought one, because he saw the benifits of the system and could justify the expense. So did Northy, Wei Wei, Sportivo_Rice, Danthuyer etc etc etc.

Myself, I do not have one and if my missus could allocate the money for it and say yes, then I probably would get one, instead I am settling for Shao's original 'Race Pipe'.... also made by CES.

I think that we all need to have a nice cool stubby (or lemonade for Silvabullit :P ) and relax.

Simple, don't like it, don't do it. Like it, do it.

I also don't think Silvabullit was meaning to offend anybody by saying that they are not a genuin Corolla enthusiast if they don't get one...

My opinion, thanks for reading...

Aaron :D

the one Influx and xTiGeRx have/had is equil to the task, but I wouldn't claim better... and is cheaper... but I'm not starting an arguement about that again...

XtigerX's car is a lot noiser than the CES unit though. I have heard Danthuyers and Tj's car (I fiited his intake) and I must admit the CES one did sound alot better. Sorry TJ.

Chris's was loud by all accounts and so was Luke's at first, but Luke had some mods made to his and it's much quieter now without hiderring the performance...

I don't think Chris would mind to much as he sold the car now...

Yes TJ did put together a copy and after dyno'ing did appear to pull the figures on the dyno..... The noise was awesome BUT i probably couldnt stand that touring car loud deep note all the time as i drive 30 mins on the freeway .... i had an xforce muffler for this and i eventually just had enough ..... In the end i got the CES after i heard it on Dave's car....

At the end of the day each to their own.... i fiddled with bits n pieces and in the end got the CES cause i didnt want to mess about producing a new system and fiddling with the muffler to make it quieter ......

Chris's was loud by all accounts and so was Luke's at first, but Luke had some mods made to his and it's much quieter now without hiderring the performance...

I don't think Chris would mind to much as he sold the car now...