Catback Exhaust Melbourne

Hi.

I'm looking to get a cat back exhaust and its difficult to find one that

you can simply buy and bolt on.

So what I want to know is, is there one you can buy and bolt on?

or where is the best place to get a custom cat back exhaust in stainless steel?

I'm looking at something reasonbly priced and good quality, nothing too ridiculous like a huge cannonball.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

had mine installed for a week now and VERY happy... the CES is the sh!t...

sounds pretty loud at first but a combination of getting used to it and the steel carbonnning up make it sound sweet in no time....

I agree Northy, but I personally wouldnt be spending that much for it. Then id have to get it shipped down here and installed, would easily set me back close to $1,300. Can get one done here for half the price, im just waiting to see when Magnaflow bring out their system. our system is more than adequate, its the muffler than needs replaced.

By the time you get a Magnaflow system fitted to your car(if it fits) you prolly wont have much change out of $1k so I guess it's out of your price range too. ;)

I guess i just dont want something made in Queensland being flogged off by you ever since you signed on the forum :) surely you must be getting some comission from this :huh: a muffler is about $300, the rest of the system can be easily copied, its a 2.25 inch stainless, the muffler is the tricky part.

mate silva has got nothing from CES and has never asked for anything, there are some poeple who dont mine doing the R&D to benifit the rest of us, to suggest that he is making some sort of personal gain from this, i find abit of a low blow...

it's easy to get a decent performance increasing exhaust, can be done on a budget too. You just have to select the exhaust components carefully. There's no need to spend over $500 on just a cat-back. For anything close to $1K I'd expect a metalcat included in the system.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...wtopic=3654&hl=

You sound a little confused Lucio! so is it 2.25" or 2.5"??? :blink: your obviously the exhaust expert round here who's forked out the dough to get a system made and developed.... :blink:

As for the kick back from CES... no there isn't cause you don't do that sort of thing to mates <_< they let me use their dyno and workshop when i need to and I've helped them sell a few exhaust systems to genuine Corolla enthusiasts. :)

friendship is a 2 way street; you should try it some time ;)

it's easy to get a decent performance increasing exhaust, can be done on a budget too.  You just have to select the exhaust components carefully.  There's no need to spend over $500 on just a cat-back.  For anything close to $1K I'd expect a metalcat included in the system.

Yes it's easy if you know somebody who does that sort of thing like you do rollamods but not everyone on this forum does. Yes it could be done cheaper but where do you shortcut to get it cheaper? Quality of materials etc etc.

As for the cat it's more than enough for the Stivo. The extra cost for a hi flow cat that's not necessary and for an extremely minimal gain if any? If somebody wants to do it then i'm more than happy for them to open up their wallet and do some R&D.

I think I've done my fair share. Anybody else want a go at doing some R&D to benefit all as I have done? :unsure:

Let's not slay those like myself who have been nice enough to pass on the benefit of my homework to other enthusiasts ;)

like I've stated before, the work done on my car, and Marks car, was NOT done at mates rates. I dont get enough work done there to get mates rates, I pay full price, which just happens to be very reasonable. As any of Extreme Engineerings customers will comment, Craigs rates are very good and he's a good bloke, even Shao when he got his second "race pipe" made commented on the good price and quality of work...

it's easy to get a decent performance increasing exhaust, can be done on a budget too.  You just have to select the exhaust components carefully.  There's no need to spend over $500 on just a cat-back.  For anything close to $1K I'd expect a metalcat included in the system.

I like this guy!!! quality parts :) metalcats are soooo nice.. :) 620 flow sooo nice.. eat magic cats (which burns up ..) for dinner..

finally we jap racing cats in australia for under $500 FITTED not like the old days where cats that flow like this were like 1200.. from japan..

Edited by JSL

I like this guy!!! quality parts :) metalcats are soooo nice.. :) 620 flow sooo nice.. eat magic cats (which burns up ..) for dinner..

finally we jap racing cats in australia for under $500 FITTED not like the old days where cats that flow like this were like 1200.. from japan..

DUDE! I know your're trying to help, but i have no idea what you just said!

Seriously man! :P its like some crazy jap dude speaking gangsta! :ph34r:

Hi.

I'm looking to get a cat back exhaust and its difficult to find one that

you can simply buy and bolt on.

So what I want to know is, is there one you can buy and bolt on?

or where is the best place to get a custom cat back exhaust in stainless steel?

I'm looking at something reasonbly priced and good quality, nothing too ridiculous like a huge cannonball.

To answer your question, so far no one make bolt on in Melbourne. But you can try Daadler exhaust in Box Hill. They did mine, and is all good.

Yep, and i would never spend over a grand for an exhaust system.

performance is for some not for others, its the only off the shelf system that has been proven time and time again. Choice is up to you.

i have no doubts that the CES may be a great system... but im really starting to hate how its implied, that people who dont have one arent serious about performance.. or enthusiasts..

Some people dont even make what the CES costs in a fortnight :blink:

not everyone has fat wallets.. doesnt make them any less of a corolla enthusiast!

DUDE! I know your're trying to help, but i have no idea what you just said!

Seriously man! :P its like some crazy jap dude speaking gangsta! :ph34r:

haha its called trying to type on a forum while trying to do some work.. and also having a few members on this forum spamming me on msn..

I was just commenting on someone knowing what a metalcat is :) its an excellent product.. the flow metalcat currently produce is normally only seen in japan on their racing cats.. which cost around the $1200 mark..

Also in regards to CES exhaust. This exhaust is a great product its not perfect by any means... when it comes to direct bolt on system which is not.. some of the hooks dont exactly line up perfectly. As the CES system that was installed on a car here in sydney the muffler was not horizonal to the ground.. I am assuming it suppose to if not that "ohhh" :o

I am sure a good exhaust shop can reproduce the system easily.. its nothing complicated as it's only a cat back..

I've helped them sell a few exhaust systems to genuine Corolla enthusiasts. :)

and again?

So am i not a GENUINE corolla enthusiast? merely as i cant afford a CES system?

save.... im a full time student that works 2 days a week for a meazily 150 cash.. so pffffffft.. :blink:

Exactly my friggin point, when they first brought it out and i said its too expensive everyone was busting my chops coz its custom made etc etc. and not many brought it. Its not a world famous brand, its a local exhaust shop that gets into sports exhausts, im sure they didnt spend that much time developing. I just dont see the value in it, but hey thats just me , and a few others i think ;) . And Danthuyer if i was rolling around in millions i wouldnt get one, the issue is not money or how many car I own, the issue is bang for your buck. Like sportiv said, hes on a tight budget, doesent make sense for him to spend soo much on an exhaust. What you guys dont suggest is another alternative which I am trying to research, but its hard when everyone with a CES exhaust is soo secretive about it like its the shiet, which im sure it is, but thats not behaving in a community forum way, and you guys suck :blink:. Some of you dont know details etc, but some that have techincal info never mention it.

I expect some blasts so bring em' on!!!