Parking lot dramas

Hi Guys

I figure this happens often enough to dedicate a discussion thread to it. How many people have had their cars damaged at parking lots by careless people opening their doors into your beautiful paint? :angry:

I've got this massive scratch on the passanger side rear door from some nit-wit who opened his door into my car. judging from the depth and severity of the scratch it must have been a hard bump. Bloody sh*theads. :angry:

I'm not happy!

If i had seen the scratch at the time i was leaving and i was sure it was the guy next to me, i would have keyed the guys car just for the satisfaction! :angry::angry:

Ive been lucky so far!! Knock on Wood!!

I park as close as possible to the pole in car parks

But i have 2 stone chips on my front windscreen, i have windscreen protection through my insurance, when i get some more i will get it fixed

I've got a dent on the left front Wheel arch <_< that happen two weeks after i got the car... don't know how it happened.

the worst is when people Door your car! :angry: My old 96 falcon, someone door my car... 1 inch long and very noticable...

what would u do if the other dude's car is already a godawful bomb and keying it might even do it a favour? if u know what i mean...

report the car to epa for exhaust testing and vicroads for roadworthiness. if it is a bomb it will cost the owner time and $$$ to fix.

How many people have had their cars damaged at parking lots by careless people opening their doors into your beautiful paint?

my car has only been scratched by myself accidentally. avoid undercover car parks. avoid car park levels that have supermarkets therefore more trolleys.

what i have read here is small but would upset anyone. no one wants their car damaged.

my friend returned to his car in an undercover car park to find a corner of his front bumper smashed with a shopping trolley. the side marker was broken and part of the bumper was hanging to the ground.

The worst part of the car that is scratched is the passanger sides, side skirt. Some girls just dont know how to hop in a car with their heels on.

Maybe your boyfriend should put on his heels after he gets out :P :P :P ...

Just jokin dude...

Nothing done to my Stivo as yet, but beware of big trucks! Never let them pass you on the freeway as they can spray a few pebbles or even rocks onto your car! Your car will end up like it has been sparayed with bullets :(

I have a small dent behind the passenger door and a scuff on my tint, some ungratedful **** wnated a PC and wanted it NOW instead of waiting till I said I could deliver I had to ruch and get it and the box has scuffed the tint on the hatch window :( im talking 1 inch by 2 inch here, its a BIG scuff

I've read some post on a celica forum about repairing paint chips and scratches. it involves sticking some fine sand paper onto a back of a pencil, some touchup paint and a toothpick. :D

He showed some before and after shots and you could never ever tell it had been chiped. i can't remember which forum though. i think it may have been Team Celica in Vancouver, Canada.

Nothing done to my Stivo as yet, but beware of big trucks!  Never let them pass you on the freeway as they can spray a few pebbles or even rocks onto your car!  Your car will end up like it has been sparayed with bullets :(

watch out for trucks with open loads. even if the load is empty there is still loose debris in the tray that flys backwards.

avoid freeways during the day when there are many trucks if you wish to protect your car from flying sand, dirt, rocks, grass, stones. this could be why people use car bras in the city.

Anyone know how good these mobile chip'dent repairers are ..like "Chips away" etc??

Anyone used them ..good or bad..wondering about colour match and gloss finish??

i have used a mobile repairer on a lancer and laser. the result was good. of course it is not as good as having the whole panel repainted. but it was good for the $$$ spent. i think the colour watching for mica paint was 95% identical to orignal.

Yeah I've got a HC licence and believe me it's not just car drivers who get upset by debris off tray trucks etc, fellow truckies get mighty upset by poorly secured loads too.

Saw some poor chick a few years back, in her car up to her neck in steel trays that came off an unsecured pallet as the truck cornered too fast next to her

Ya just never forget those things...

The paper on a pencil things got me intrigued though, and whats the toothpick for..??

The paper on a pencil things got me intrigued though, and whats the toothpick for..??

the sand paper glued to the pencil allows you to sand the damaged portion of paint without spreading the damage. once you have the paint smooth, the guy used the toothpick to apply the paint. you have to apply very, very, very thing layers. for the guy to fill a small chip on his bonnet, it took him all day. Once you fill in the gap, you will need some evern finner wet/dry paper on the pencil to smooth it out. then polish and buff out.

That was the reader's digest version. hehehehe. I'm trying to find the link now.