Coilover vs car height.

Silver-Aurion

So in vic you can't go lower than 10cm/100mm. I just done the coke can test and placed it under the lowest point in the car at the exhaust and the gap I can barely put my finger through it.

I measured the coke can at 11cm so I'm wondering how do you guys get away with having lowered your car?

Thinking of going pedders tomorrow to get the Pedders xa kit installed but wondering how low should I go?

I don't wanna risk it!

Edited by Silver-Aurion

It's just luck

Pretty much. You see cars running about all day with illegal modifications like hideous poke, tinted headlights (why???), dumped to the floor, ear shattering exhaust volumes (plus more) and cops will drive right by them/next to them.

If you get a cnut, that's just part of the game. I personally don't trust to luck/chance.

If your worried about legal height i suggest dont buy them,would be a waste to have them set high or at the standard height,you will be just sacraficing comfort for a little street handling,and if your running stockies (wheels) on an ATX i wouldn't bother with coilovers,most of us with them have them either for the handling,track days or as in my case and some others to get the car at the desired ride height without any scrubbing which i could not acheive with springs.

and to answer your question what height are they set at....just a smidge above scrubbage,whatever that is in mm/cm fark knows :P

If your worried about legal height i suggest dont buy them,would be a waste to have them set high or at the standard height,you will be just sacraficing comfort for a little street handling,and if your running stockies (wheels) on an ATX i wouldn't bother with coilovers,most of us with them have them either for the handling,track days or as in my case and some others to get the car at the desired ride height without any scrubbing which i could not acheive with springs.

and to answer your question what height are they set at....just a smidge above scrubbage,whatever that is in mm/cm fark knows :P

Yeah, I'll be be putting on new rims after the coilovers. I'll drop the height a little but I wouldn't want to go too low as to make it obvious. It's all money money money.

It's just luck

Pretty much. You see cars running about all day with illegal modifications like hideous poke, tinted headlights (why???), dumped to the floor, ear shattering exhaust volumes (plus more) and cops will drive right by them/next to them.

If you get a cnut, that's just part of the game. I personally don't trust to luck/chance.

Yep majority of cars on here don't really attract that kind of attention, no ridiculous offsets, stickers, wild bodykits,cannons etc etc

Couple of weeks ago I stopped at traffic lights about 11pm. just me then out of no where three Hwy patrol cars appeared, one either side and one behind me, glanced over possibly to see if I was on my phone. Green light and off we went no problem.. White goods on wheels(Toyotas) just need wheels and a little lower to stand out, cars for the masses so when you see a Camry,Aurion,Corolla tastefully modded it really stands out....

As for the Coke can Silver*, I can get one under the car as long as it's on its side and slightly crushed... The only reason I went Coil overs was to be able to raise or lower when required, that's it..

car-humor-funny-joke-road-street-drive-driver-bmw-tree-lower-it-or-god-will-do-it-for-you.jpg

As said above its all just luck... also i got told by an ex-cop mate that the cleaner your record the less you get bothered by police, hence i keep it to the track

Edited by 4ABHGE

Here in Perth its also 100mm clearance from the lowest point. My previous car was a nissan 200SX and it would of been 7-8cm from the font bar and when the cops pick on me they would just check the bodykit at the front for height; the exhaust was hanging way lower (5cm?) but cops don't bother checking that because the exhaust is not something sticks out.

At the end of the day its an Aurion and you can get away with alot on an Aurion :P