Yaris

"RuNx"

Saw a ad on tv last night about the Yaris being released in OZ any-one know when it will be out in a caryard??? :blink:

i saw 2 ads last night for the Yaris.... you beat me to the posting of this thread :)

maybe visit www.yaris.com.au for more info ;)

doesnt give a release date.. but there is all sorts of info :D

Edited by HDACHE

Ive had a yaris on order since AU ran out of Echos in the colour I wanted. After seeing the website and ads, I can't help but think ive made a mistake.

The entire site is in flash, and it chugs on my rig (XP pro/amd 64bit 3800+/9800GTX/2GB ram @400.0 MHz) Is the Yaris too cool to use html?

There is not actually any information on the site. It doesnt go into the models available or anything...except to repeatedly say its clever.

I am cringing at the entire marketing strategy.

Compared to the Canadian release, Australia seems to have dropped the ball.

Ive had a yaris on order since AU ran out of Echos in the colour I wanted. After seeing the website and ads, I can't help but think ive made a mistake.

The entire site is in flash, and it chugs on my rig (XP pro/amd 64bit 3800+/9800GTX/2GB ram @400.0 MHz) Is the Yaris too cool to use html?

There is not actually any information on the site. It doesnt go into the models available or anything...except to repeatedly say its clever.

yeah, what's with the no html idea. site was slugglish on my laptop. made my yaris experience miserable :angry:

oh well, got to see a few pics and specs. looks nice :D

yeah, what's with the no html idea. site was slugglish on my laptop. made my yaris experience miserable :angry:

oh well, got to see a few pics and specs. looks nice :D

I had no problems with the site, but then again I know kung fu.

And i have broadband... But dude! You oredered a car you know nothing about? wow!

It may have something to do with Firefox then.

Don't start making this thread about me and my impulse buying. Truth is, I wasnt sure if it would suck or not. The dealer is selling me the yaris for the same price the echo was going to be at the toyotathon price. I'm not arguing with that.

Sydney motorshow gave a rough estimate as November release date.The car is better looking than the Echo with a nicer interior and sportier centre console.If you are getting this car at the same price as the old Echo you've got a bargain 'cause the spec's list is great.Options on the Echo are standard on the Yaris.

Sydney motorshow gave a rough estimate as November release date.The car is better looking than the Echo with a nicer interior and sportier centre console.If you are getting this car at the same price as the old Echo you've got a bargain 'cause the spec's list is great.Options on the Echo are standard on the Yaris.

Yep, I also got the news from the Sydney motorshow, they will come out in about 2 weeks, some of the dealers already have them in stock. The price should be a little more than the echos (about $500)

Only one model coming out in AU as far as im aware. 3 door hatch and 5 door hatch as standard. Jap bodykits would obviously be an aftermarket purchase.

As far as pricing goes, the guys before were saying its pretty much the same as the Echo plus a few hundred. My Yaris is working out to be $500 less than the Official Yaris price. I'm also spending a few grand on tinting and paint protection mind you.

Yeh, doesnt run well on firefox it seems. Firefox runs flash a little differently than IE.

Interesting that they are marketing towards a young internet savvy demographic, yet only cater the website towards IE users.

I don't have IE installed on my home computers, so I had to test it at work. It worked fine.

Its getting so close now. My personalised plates are ready too - got the letter in the mail tonight :D

http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/article.aspx?id=10557&vf=1

By Cameron McGavin

The Age

Wednesday October 26 2005

Hot on the heels of Holden's Korean-sourced Barina, Toyota is stepping up its move on the small-car segment with the Yaris, a replacement for the Echo. It goes on sale next month.

The Yaris has an all-new body that shares the Echo's compact stance but with more cabin space, better comfort, more storage and less noise. Safety is another plus, with twin front airbags and ABS for every model, and an option pack for a reasonable price.

Technology such as electric power steering and an electronic throttle add to the credentials, although the suspension maintains the Echo's orthodox strut front/torsion-bar rear design.

Lower-level models are powered by the Echo's thrifty 60 kW, 1.3-litre four, with mid- and top-line models using a more powerful 80 kW, 1.5-litre version. A five-speed manual is standard, with a four-speed automatic available for $1500.

The real attraction is likely to be value, starting with the entry-level YR 1.3 manual. Priced at $14,990 and $16,190 in three and five-door form respectively, it has air-conditioning, remote central locking, power front windows and mirrors and a CD player. For $750, Yaris buyers can get ESP (for enhanced safety pack, not stability control), which adds side/curtain airbags and - in a first for a small car - a driver's knee airbag.

advertisement

advertisement

Next up is the 1.5-litre YRS. Priced from $16,790 for the three-door (add $1200 for five doors), it has 15-inch wheels, steering adjustment and a leather-shod steering wheel with audio controls. The range-topping YRX, which starts from $18,290 in three-door form, adds 15-inch alloy wheels, six-stack CD player, and foglights.

The Yaris will sell in hatch form only, until its sedan sibling arrives next year.

cliffs: 3 models. YR, YRS and YRX

YR has 1.3L engine. 3 door = $14,990. 5 door = $16,190

YRS has 1.5L. 3 door = $16,790. 5 door = $17,990. No real useful extras other than the bigger engine.

YRX has 1.5L. 3 door = $18,290. Alloys, 6 stack cd, foglights.

http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/article.aspx?id=10557&vf=1
By Cameron McGavin

The Age

Wednesday October 26 2005

Hot on the heels of Holden's Korean-sourced Barina, Toyota is stepping up its move on the small-car segment with the Yaris, a replacement for the Echo. It goes on sale next month.

The Yaris has an all-new body that shares the Echo's compact stance but with more cabin space, better comfort, more storage and less noise. Safety is another plus, with twin front airbags and ABS for every model, and an option pack for a reasonable price.

Technology such as electric power steering and an electronic throttle add to the credentials, although the suspension maintains the Echo's orthodox strut front/torsion-bar rear design.

Lower-level models are powered by the Echo's thrifty 60 kW, 1.3-litre four, with mid- and top-line models using a more powerful 80 kW, 1.5-litre version. A five-speed manual is standard, with a four-speed automatic available for $1500.

The real attraction is likely to be value, starting with the entry-level YR 1.3 manual. Priced at $14,990 and $16,190 in three and five-door form respectively, it has air-conditioning, remote central locking, power front windows and mirrors and a CD player. For $750, Yaris buyers can get ESP (for enhanced safety pack, not stability control), which adds side/curtain airbags and - in a first for a small car - a driver's knee airbag.

advertisement

advertisement

Next up is the 1.5-litre YRS. Priced from $16,790 for the three-door (add $1200 for five doors), it has 15-inch wheels, steering adjustment and a leather-shod steering wheel with audio controls. The range-topping YRX, which starts from $18,290 in three-door form, adds 15-inch alloy wheels, six-stack CD player, and foglights.

The Yaris will sell in hatch form only, until its sedan sibling arrives next year.

cliffs: 3 models. YR, YRS and YRX

YR has 1.3L engine. 3 door = $14,990. 5 door = $16,190

YRS has 1.5L. 3 door = $16,790. 5 door = $17,990. No real useful extras other than the bigger engine.

YRX has 1.5L. 3 door = $18,290. Alloys, 6 stack cd, foglights.

4th Nov was official release date but chatswood just rang me to say they got stock already.

It looks even safer than a Camry/Avalon, with all those airbags! Might be one of the best small cars though, pity it couldn't have been released a few months earlier, otherwise it could have been a candidate for Australia's Best Cars awards...

• 2 months later...

Just got home with my new Yaris.

Pics when it is daylight and im not at work.

I'm amazed at the power the 1.3L engine has. To be honest, I was expecting the pickup of a loaded semi.

1.3L???? why didnt u get the 1.5L??? u can tell the difference cause i have a 1.5L an the other day i had a loan car which was a corolla an its a 1.8 an i noticed the difference!

Just got home with my new Yaris.

Pics when it is daylight and im not at work.

I'm amazed at the power the 1.3L engine has. To be honest, I was expecting the pickup of a loaded semi.

1.3L???? why didnt u get the 1.5L??? u can tell the difference cause i have a 1.5L an the other day i had a loan car which was a corolla an its a 1.8 an i noticed the difference!

u'll really notice a difference, when u have a fully loaded car.....

How much of a difference is there? I'm thinking of buying either a Corolla Sedan 1.8L or a Yaris 1.5L. I've read reviews on the 1.5L Yaris saying it's quite eager but I can't help but think that the Corolla has a fair bit of more power and torque.