Front left side knocking in front end

Wetpatch480

Please help Love reading this site . I think I'm going mad, over the last year as I drive over rough roads, and I hit close bumps, my 2009 SX6 Sportivo[MY10] sounds like a noisy strut if possible or something is loose. I paid Pedders to do a suspension test and they found everything to be perfect yet they also hear the noise.

I took the car to the dealership, and he told me it was the tyre slapping the road, yet you never hear it from the right side It isn't the tyres, as new ones have been installed and haven't made any difference. The car is now out of waranty and has 38,000, never been smashed and babied. I have pulled off the front wheel and found the inner plastic guard bolts slightly loose, strut bolts and suspension bolts all tight and yet still doing it, mainly after driving for after 1 hour periods not 10 min drives only and always worse if the roads angle is steep towards the gutter side This car is perfectly quiet on smooth freeways

No mate the noise is only audible as I hit the pot holes actually notice it more at slow speed and can disapear when the tar is smooth I f it was a CV Would Pedders not have picked it up with the report on the suspension test thanks for your help

• 4 weeks later...

Thought id give you update Took the car to Lander Toyota Backtown spoke to Anthony and James and finally got the noise to be heard .Turned out be be a Left strut and strut top bearing and a absorber assy anyway they fixed her today 2 months out of warranty for free nice and quiet A big Thanks Great service Friendly staff 352kajq.jpg

Edited by Wetpatch480