PCV return pipe to plenum problem

OK. so i've just installed a catch can yesterday. everything is good except one thing. the pipe returning to the plenum (bigger 3/4'' pipe) is collapsing under idle or constant engine speed. Is this normal? i know the PCV valve is one way and that maybe the air is being blocked when there is little or no load on the engine. however i was told that it also completely closes when i give it full throttle which oil get shot down the breather pipe. The breather pipe however is OK and not collapsing.

very short video here...

if this IS a problem then the only way i can fix this is to make the 3/8 piping longer and open to the 3/4'' pipe right towards the end entering the plenum as the 3/8 pipe is small enough to not collapse. otherwise no problem, no touch. lol

thanks

if the pipe is collapsing all thats happening is that the vacuum is too much for the pipe, its effectively keeping your PCV valve open at idle and low rpm, where normally your PCV valve would be closed. see if you can find an adaptor possibly

So... Is this a bad thing? The pipe collapses but it not completely as u can see in the video. Only way i can fix this is to run a longer line from the outlet of the catch can and put the adapter it just before it enters the plenum. Therefore the amount of 3/4'' pipe is less so less likely to collapse

I dont think it will blow up your engine, it just means that blow by gases are escaping at idle. its the same as soemone just putting on a crank case filter and just running to atmosphere without the vacuum of the plenum.

I think you should utilise a smaller hose with an adaptor on the plenum or the stock oem one.

I dont know how to upload pics on this post... let me know and i'll send u pic