The new astra

I would like to see how long the gear box lasts...otherwise that is a huge amount of torque for a relatively light car...

Competition, me thinks it would hose a stivo down the strip...I wonder if it likes the boost wound up :lol::lol:

trd_141: i dont think i would call it competition.... it will be far ahead of the Stivo's, firstly it's forced induction.... Corolla's will have no chance without a turbo

all of you melbourne people that are interested should ask the Astra owners at the dyno day, i know a lot of people that have been waiting for this car to be released.

as for the price, i have no idea, althought the normal astra turbo's were selling for <$35K, around the same price as the Stivo's back in 2003-2004

trd_141: i dont think i would call it competition.... it will be far ahead of the Stivo's, firstly it's forced induction.... Corolla's will have no chance without a turbo

all of you melbourne people that are interested should ask the Astra owners at the dyno day, i know a lot of people that have been waiting for this car to be released.

as for the price, i have no idea, althought the normal astra turbo's were selling for <$35K, around the same price as the Stivo's back in 2003-2004

New Astra Turbo coupe is coming in december/janurary priced at $35K

so i cant imagine the VXR being any cheaper than say $40K but being HSV.... $45K :rolleyes:

I would like to see how long the gear box lasts...otherwise that is a huge amount of torque for a relatively light car...

Competition, me thinks it would hose a stivo down the strip...I wonder if it likes the boost wound up  :lol:  :lol:

it doesn't like boost being wound up. there are costlier ways, just not thru a bleed valve and such. once the stock ECU senses more than 5psi than usual, it goes into permanent limp mode and u can't get past 3000rpm(?). then u have to bring it back to the dealer.

ecu re-flashing seems to be the way to go in europe.

Sorry guys, but I may be the only one here...it looks horrid (good specs though). For that kind of money I'll prob go get the VW Golf GTI. Love the look of the GTI.

yep sorry e-gene.. you're the only one:)

the only thing that looks horrid to me is the price tag :(

oh well.. i can dream :P

I have always liked the look of the new Astra personally - but the HSV VXR, thats damn nice. Looks like they threw a mean engine in there as well, just too bad it will be 40k+ otherwise this vehicle would be a real contender in the mid range "hot hatch" market.