camry sxv20 bucket seats

TiiCee

hi guys ,

i want to get some bucket seats for my camry sxv20, becuase i love it how they work, like how it hold the body onto the seat causing minium human body roll ( i dont know the exact term for it) , anyone now if the bucket seats from the brand new camry will fit on the gen4 ? or is it better to get aftermarket ones ?

thanks,

TiiCee

The one form the new Camry (gen 7) would not fit the gen 4, and even if they did you would have issues, since they have electric adjustment and air bags in them.(Plus you would have to buy new) Your best bet would be ones out of a gen 5, as I do believe these fit, (Not sue if any modification is needed) but a member on here STYLSH has a gen 4, and I do believe he has gen5 Sportivo seats in his.

Edited by mbruce

The one form the new Camry (gen 7) would not fit the gen 4, and even if they did you would have issues, since they have electric adjustment and air bags in them.(Plus you would have to buy new) Your best bet would be ones out of a gen 5, as I do believe these fit, (Not sue if any modification is needed) but a member on here STYLSH has a gen 4, and I do believe he has gen5 Sportivo seats in his.

Gen6 and 7 won't fit without modification to the mounts which will need engineering, may be an issue if you don't and get into an accident. Gen5 are a direct bolt on but you won't be able to make use of the airbag or the power seat. None of them are bucket seats; even the TRD Aurion seats aren't quite buckety enough.

If you want bucket seats get some Bride/Sparco/Similar.

Which would most likely require a mod plate also, since I don't think anyone makes after market seat rails for the Camry.

Which would most likely require a mod plate also, since I don't think anyone makes after market seat rails for the Camry.

theres a member on camry nation on facebook (in nsw) who has recaros on his gen 5 , (not sure if its engineered) but its custom rails

Edited by jeffy

Yep.

But if you want proper 'bucket' seats that is the only real option. Factory Toyota seats aren't very buckety.

Gen6 and 7 won't fit without modification to the mounts which will need engineering, may be an issue if you don't and get into an accident. Gen5 are a direct bolt on but you won't be able to make use of the airbag or the power seat. None of them are bucket seats; even the TRD Aurion seats aren't quite buckety enough.

O ok , I see. Thats depressing knowing that toyota buckets arnt that buckety . thanks again Andrew.

Mbruce whats a mod plate ?

thanks for the help.

Edited by TiiCee

A modification plate is a small plate, like a Vin plate that is issued by an authorized engineer/mechanic to say that the modification carried out is sound and meets design rules etc.

A modification plate is a small plate, like a Vin plate that is issued by an authorized engineer/mechanic to say that the modification carried out is sound and meets design rules etc.

thanks . really appreciate your help.